ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some pics from todays mallory track day

LY Megane R26
Thought id share a few pics from my first ever track day today
I didnt get any vids unfortunatly, but ill probably be looking to buy a go pro soon as ill be doing more trackdays soon, and would be nice to capture a few on vid.

IMG_5770_zpsd96072d9.jpg

IMG_5595_zpsa2b3314f.jpg

IMG_6115_zpsd1f070bf.jpg

IMG_6172_zps9359b527.jpg

IMG_6306_zpsff0eeccc.jpg

IMG_6578_zps66fea4d0.jpg

IMG_6621_zps66d45f03.jpg

Theres a few of my day, I was a little nervouse at first but once i was on and did the 3 warm up laps I soon got into it and got quicker through the day as I got used to the car since it was the first time id really started to push the boundries, something you can never really do on the road. The RS2 inlet sounded fantastic aswell, loved how the car performed quite happy with the spec its at for the time being, think ill just do more track days and have some fun now before looking at more mods.

But overall i really enjoyed it and just glad the weather held out considering it was meant to rain all day lol, it started just before the track day finished at 4.30 so timed it quite well

One thing I was interested to finding out was the noise level of the exhaust as I was unsure if id be ok on some of the lower levels on some of the track days ive been looking at and couldnt really find any info on here about it, but it made 95db static at 4500rpm, so was quite chuffed with that. Its a piper system with decat.

Really cant wait to get more track days in now though.

Comments and opinions welcome :)

Chris

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cool pics, I love mallory, such a varied little circuit, gerrards must be one of the longest bends in the country at any UK track and the hairpin one of the tightest.

WRX
You looked to be doing pretty well mate, nice and smooth. Nice to meet you briefly, shame I couldn't hang around.

LY Megane R26
Nice write up, looks at home on the track :)

it felt at home too :) was nice to open it up properly

Cool pics, I love mallory, such a varied little circuit, gerrards must be one of the longest bends in the country at any UK track and the hairpin one of the tightest.

Yer it was a really nice combination tbh, yer the guy who did the safety briefing said it is one of the lowest corners in the UK, the hair lin was quite tight, took a little while for me to find a good line through there got there in the end lol

You looked to be doing pretty well mate, nice and smooth. Nice to meet you briefly, shame I couldn't hang around.

Yer was nice to put a name to a face pal. It went really actually, got quicker through the day and a mate came out with me later on to help me a bit more getting the lines a bit better to help pull the times down a bit. And soon got used to where I could get away to till I needed to brake.
Cant wait for my next track day through :)

think I'll be doing mallory again in August on date you've booked, my dad wants to go in his kit car so he can fiddle with the camber/caster and toe in between runs. He thinks he will have it ready for then.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yer it was a really nice combination tbh, yer the guy who did the safety briefing said it is one of the lowest corners in the UK, the hair lin was quite tight, took a little while for me to find a good line through there got there in the end lol

In my mid engined nova there I ended up facing the wrong way at that hairpin, lol.

Car was a bit of a handful that day though as was before I had redesigned the rear suspension and steering geometry.

Last edited by a moderator: