ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some Time Attack pics @ Oulton Park, today...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Good day out at Oulton Park today, though the weather was really screwed up. One minute it was....

ClearDay.jpg

The next it just chucked it down! When I first got there this morning, most cars were struggling with wheelspin. Very quick rises in revs followed by the compulsory wastegate chatter.

It was very difficult to judge who had the faster cars because of the warm-up/cool-down laps that nearly all the cars did. Purely off acceleration alone, the RC Developments cars looked to be on top...

BusinessEnd.jpg

Loudestoftheday.jpg

RCDevelopmentsCars2.jpg

RCDevelopmentsCars.jpg

They also brought down their Nissan R35's - of which the white one in particular looked stunning.

R35white.jpg

R35fronts.jpg

R35interior.jpg

R35rearcorner.jpg

And one of the Daddies was parked outside. ;)

R34.jpg

The pit lane was busy pre-race starts...

PitLane.jpg

And the garages full on (mainly) Jap track weapons.

Evoblack.jpg

Evowhite.jpg

RedNissan.jpg

RX7.jpg

Scooby1.jpg

TwinpipedEvo2.jpg

And a very rapid Zen Scooby. Probably on the pace of the RC cars, imo...

ZenScooby1.jpg

ZenScooby2.jpg

ZenScooby3.jpg

ZenScooby4-Temp.jpg

ZenScoobyspoilerfit.jpg

There was also a rapid Celica out on track. It was turbo'd for sure, but I think it was also 4x4 as well...

CelicaTurbo.jpg

CelicaTurboZorst.jpg

CelicaTurbo4x4.jpg

CelicaTurboInterior.jpg

An Elise and TVR crept in. :)

Elise.jpg

Out of Knickerbrook....

OutofKnickerbrook.jpg

A lot of the racing seemed close - the Evos and Scoobies having the edge in braking and acceleration, whereas the Skylines and Supras seemed to be a little outclassed at Oulton. Maybe if there were more straights, or out & out speed sections like at Snetterton and Thruxton, the tables might have been turned.

D.

Good pics, love the White GTR and Celica Interior.

Is this fun to watch, out of interest? Caught some of it on TV once and it was pretty dull/confusing, with cars constantly either warming up or down etc, was like a really odd lengthy qualifying session.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Running AST's on the fensport celica i see :)

Could be. What are they? :eek:

Is this fun to watch, out of interest? Caught some of it on TV once and it was pretty dull/confusing, with cars constantly either warming up or down etc, was like a really odd lengthy qualifying session.

In all honesty, it's probably best viewed as a showcase - of what could be achieved with a donor Jap car and a fat wallet. The rate of acceleration of some of the cars was amazing - it really does give you some idea of how tough those internal components must be.

A couple of cars seemed to be damaged slightly, but the only retirement I saw was a ScoobyClinic Impreza that looked like its turbo had blown. :(

D.

How nice is the interior of the fensport celica ?? Wow !! :approve:

A lot of very nice machinery there, it looked a great day out :cool:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
How nice is the interior of the fensport celica ?? Wow !! :approve:

A lot of very nice machinery there, it looked a great day out :cool:

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that! Complete MoTeC display on the dash and sequential gears as well. They must have pumped some serious cash into that motor. :approve:

D.

Last edited:
  Mk2 172
Could be. What are they? :eek:

In all honesty, it's probably best viewed as a showcase - of what could be achieved with a donor Jap car and a fat wallet. The rate of acceleration of some of the cars was amazing - it really does give you some idea of how tough those internal components must be.

A couple of cars seemed to be damaged slightly, but the only retirement I saw was a ScoobyClinic Impreza that looked like its turbo had blown. :(

D.

There defo AST's. I asked curtis and he yes thats what they are using. Using there solid top mounts too. They are the sportline 3's. top ones :)

182 ff with cup pack's
Running AST's on the fensport celica i see :)

thats pic is of the rear and the fensport celica is rapid remember it from TOTB last year. so who won? and how did fmp get on?

i wanted to go but had to work

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
fensport celica runs the old model celica gt4 engine and running gear...

they also had a 5 door celica that did 10sec quarter miles...

^ did they not have a five door black corolla with a mad engine in it too ?? (or is that the car you mean ?)

Yeah second car down on their site,

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FENSPORT COROLLA GT4, [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2.0L TURBO, 4 WHEEL DRIVE, 3SGTE ENGINE, [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]200MPH & 650BHP"[/FONT]

Woah !!!

D.

yehh something came off it, looked like a jubilee(SP) clip on the last corner ,maybe a pipe come off somewhere, made a high pressure sounging pop when it came off....

i was stood right near that forst pic most of the day, were you near the purple evo 9 i think with the reg "EVO 6 BAD"?

and anyone know what happened to the civic that crashed and the evo too?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Some really good pics there.

Great pics

Cheers chaps! :cool:

D.

yehh something came off it, looked like a jubilee(SP) clip on the last corner ,maybe a pipe come off somewhere, made a high pressure sounging pop when it came off....

i was stood right near that forst pic most of the day, were you near the purple evo 9 i think with the reg "EVO 6 BAD"?

and anyone know what happened to the civic that crashed and the evo too?

Was that what it was? I did think he was going to get flagged if it had started dumping oil everywhere.

I did see that Evo you mentioned m8, but we parked up near the Fogerty Moss centre - my 182, Rob's V6 and Martin's Celica GT-Four. Wandered about most of the day and managed to get on the pit wall until a marshall asked to see my white wristband. Erm.... haven't got one pal. ;) He was fine about it though.

What was that orange classic looking Scoob? Surely that couldn't have passed the noise limit? Sounded ace though!

D.

I did see that Evo you mentioned m8, but we parked up near the Fogerty Moss centre - my 182, Rob's V6 and Martin's Celica GT-Four. Wandered about most of the day and managed to get on the pit wall until a marshall asked to see my white wristband. Erm.... haven't got one pal. ;) He was fine about it though.

What was that orange classic looking Scoob? Surely that couldn't have passed the noise limit? Sounded ace though!

D.

silver phase 1 v6? seen that up on the hill with another 1*2

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

D.

silver phase 1 v6? seen that up on the hill with another 1*2

That was us. :)

D.

172, Tiguan
The amount of money that is being pumped into what is essentially a glorified sprint event (as far as I can tell) is absurd!

Does a car that's entered have to be based on a roadcar?

clio 200 F4Rt
good pics.

i wasnt there (competing) due to a nice case of Shingles.

The series is basically time trialing/sprinting. But it has a slightly different slant on it that you have others on track etc.

Its just trying to introduce whats been massive in Japan for the last few years.

Alot of very fast machinery indeed, amazing attention to detail. Although as said, for the Pro class teams, its a case of how much money you have to spend, and which pro racing driver you can rope in!

A silver one
good pics.

i wasnt there (competing) due to a nice case of Shingles.

The series is basically time trialing/sprinting. But it has a slightly different slant on it that you have others on track etc.

Its just trying to introduce whats been massive in Japan for the last few years.

Alot of very fast machinery indeed, amazing attention to detail. Although as said, for the Pro class teams, its a case of how much money you have to spend, and which pro racing driver you can rope in!

Was going to ask how you are doing?

How many rounds have you completed and how are you doing?