ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Assetto Corsa Competizione

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The server is up and running at the minute if anyone wanted to join? It's on Brands Hatch at the minute, if you search for ClioSport.net.

Again, the password is Clio2004

1690723088360.png

Not in there myself just yet, but will be later.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I might have an offline go to test out my (lack of) skills.
What kit are you using Andy?

I used the settings below for a quick AI race. I reckon if I'd added another few minutes to the race, I would have nabbed pole from the winning car.

Started 2nd from the back on the grid and seems a nice balance of AI ability, without them resorting to Mad Max style tactics.

(edit - wow, those pics look terrible on the TV! :p)

1690816462573.png

1690816513566.png

Last edited:

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
What kit are you using Andy?

I used the settings below for a quick AI race. I reckon if I'd added another few minutes to the race, I would have nabbed pole from the winning car.

Started 2nd from the back on the grid and seems a nice balance of AI ability, without them resorting to Mad Max style tactics.

(edit - wow, those pics look terrible on the TV! :p)

View attachment 1654745

View attachment 1654746
As in PCs specs or controller etc?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Couple of laps earlier in the Lexus RC F GT3 car against some AI GT4 competition.

Looks a bit weird with no wheel and drivers arms - but my actual wheel overlays the bottom of the TV from my seat. So it 'feels' more realistic from that seating position.

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent times those!

I must admit, I've not really dabbled with the AMG GT3 at all. I might have to give that one a go.

Best of luck with the knee recovery too!
I got stuck for an age at high 1:52s.

Then had a bit of a breakthrough.

The first chicane after the start finish needs precision. Wide line , slow in and hug that apex on your right, keep off the power and touch the apex on your left and hammer. Keep the traction control fairly high.

The next key one that I gained time on was the last chicane pre the right hander at the end. Again slow in, turn left and hug that apex. Dont stamp the thottle but keep it steady and line up the next part of the chicane to make it as straight as possible and use all the kerb on the way out at full tilt.

That saved me probably .5second per chicance. The rest was gained from faster speeds on the straights due to exiting faster.

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
https://discord.gg/mjVZvX2P8R

for you ACC'ers large group of 260+Members , Season starts on Sunday with regular races and endurance events. Multiple splits from Pro, Pro-Am, AM.

2 Public servers that regularly hold fun events if you don't want the commitment of a race series.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
https://discord.gg/mjVZvX2P8R

for you ACC'ers large group of 260+Members , Season starts on Sunday with regular races and endurance events. Multiple splits from Pro, Pro-Am, AM.

2 Public servers that regularly hold fun events if you don't want the commitment of a race series.
That sounds good. I'm definitely a rookie at best, but still like to have some short races on various circuits.

Just a shame that I have a complete and utter dislike towards Discord. I must have installed that thing half-a-dozen times and then removed it in short order. The epitome of bloatware to me - yet everyone seems to use it! :p

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
Yeah get yourself on , we have a good laugh. We had 27 on the grid for Sunday just gone.

Oulton Park is this weekends circuit followed by Donnington. We have mixed up the weather's for this series as we usually run with real world weather. However given this set has predominantly UK based tracks we would get nothing but rain 😂😂.

Discord is one of the better beasts, and has saved us having forums and other bits that cause logistical issues. Everything on ours is kept in house on either there or Simgrid.

Let me know if you do drop on and I'll drop into chat 👍

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah get yourself on , we have a good laugh. We had 27 on the grid for Sunday just gone.

Oulton Park is this weekends circuit followed by Donnington. We have mixed up the weather's for this series as we usually run with real world weather. However given this set has predominantly UK based tracks we would get nothing but rain 😂😂.

Discord is one of the better beasts, and has saved us having forums and other bits that cause logistical issues. Everything on ours is kept in house on either there or Simgrid.

Let me know if you do drop on and I'll drop into chat 👍
I'll download it again - and try to keep an open mind! :p

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Spent an hour of so lapping a Spa today in the McLaren GT3 Evo. What a fun car that is , and quite forgiving too!
I found the McLaren to be the most forgiving, if that's the right word?

Quick, controllable and behaves itself through the corners.

Although rewarding, the Porsches can be a bit of a handful - oversteering badly if you lift off and difficult to catch. (for me anyway!)

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
I found the McLaren to be the most forgiving, if that's the right word?

Quick, controllable and behaves itself through the corners.

Although rewarding, the Porsches can be a bit of a handful - oversteering badly if you lift off and difficult to catch. (for me anyway!)
Id agree with your statement 100%

I used to really enjoy driving the Porsche and it was quick too until a BOP came out and ruined it for me.

I also really like the MB GT3

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Id agree with your statement 100%

I used to really enjoy driving the Porsche and it was quick too until a BOP came out and ruined it for me.

I also really like the MB GT3
I wanted to assume that they had tweaked the Porsches as they had gone from being my favourite to being really quite crap with them.

That probably explains it. The opposite of that is that my mate has really got used to the Porsches - and I struggle to match him on track. I'm still a good 3secs or so off his Monza laptime.

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
I wanted to assume that they had tweaked the Porsches as they had gone from being my favourite to being really quite crap with them.

That probably explains it. The opposite of that is that my mate has really got used to the Porsches - and I struggle to match him on track. I'm still a good 3secs or so off his Monza laptime.
We run custom BOP created by Lfm , makes the racing very close now. Less about car advantages and more about skill and pit stop strategy.