ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone’s keyed my car!

Some jealous b*****d decided to scrape a key down the side of my 172 whilst it was parked outside my house last night. The scratch has is about 2 foot long and has gone through to the metal in a couple of places. As this has never happened before what do you suggest I do? I would preferably like to get it sorted as cheap as possible, although I want it to look like new when done. Im guessing if I take it to Renault theyll tell me to get the whole car resprayed. Any ideas anyone?

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Park it up outside your house again and lay in wait thru the night, armed with a .22 rifle.

b******s, I hate people who do things like that - it will need filling first, then whole panel spraying.

Paul

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

I had mine keyed last week (2nd time) from parking it in town. Mines about a foot long on the rear wing.

Unfortunatley renualt will charge probably 300/400 quid to resparay just a wing. If you want it looking like new on the cheap then get it sprayed at a back door garage but they will have to file it down first so it aint gonna be cheap.

I went to halfords and bought scratch remover for temporary and that has worked surprisingly well. Make sure you get the right colour of your car.

Thanks all. Theres no way I can afford 300 quid at the moment so I reckon Ill try a cheaper method for now. :mad:

Mine was keyed 3 nights in a row before it was a week old!!!! Luckily all on the same rear drivers side panel. Cost £300 at renault and never looked the same again.

Problem now is Im now gonna be utterley paranoid about it happening again and checking constantly on my car.

I dont have a gun so Ill just lay in wait with my Black & Decker hedge trimmer instead. ;)

Low life scum.... hey you watch pulp fiction when he goes on about someone damaging his car? Very true eh.... Just wished you could have seen that basturd and run out with a baseball batt and broke his ribs!!!

7.6cc :D

as Steve said: Pulp Fiction

"it would have been worth him doing it, just so i could catch him doing it"

How true!