ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

someone help a woman out! x

Slammed MK2 02 Clio
i have a mk2 2002 clio, sorry its not the right forum/place, i cant get on the clio mk2 phase 2 one.

my abs rings have both split at the front and my brakes are crumbling, im getting new discs and pads and both abs rings replaced this week, at a price of £110, so i dont know if this is cheap or good or whatever :S i am a woman !

its been going CLUNG CLUNG CLUNG under my right foot when i brake, so i assume this is the abs rings, or lack of when im breaking its not gripping the teeth? i could be completely wrong.

also ive had it lowered 60mm at the front and 40mm at the back but it looks dipped front end, is it worth cutting a spring or buying new back springs?

SERV + air bag light has been on a while but brought nothing up on diagnostic apart from all air bag faults - is it worth soldering the wires together to get the light off?

Also sometimes struggles to go in first gear, dont know if this is my driving or if its the gear box on the way out/clutch, it never slips out of gear though.

any help at all is appreciated & sorry its the wrong place

Buy replacement springs that are the same height all round.

£110 for brakes fitted is about right.

Sounds like you own a death trap. Get the brakes and abs rings changed first £110 is a decent price. Get the garage to check the suspension over.

60mm and is a bit much for standard shocks presuming thats whats on. I would personaly get some standard springs back on there or ditch the 60mm for a pair of 40mm springs.

Get the gear oil changed, see if it makes a difference to the gear selction. Gear oil changes are so overlooked.

Solder wires under the seat or put a decent connector on.

Pics;)