ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone help please!!!! ASAP

Black SportClio 182
Im new to this site and not sure what im doing.
I have a clio sport 182 and have a few problems.
1 what does my serv light mean on the dash with an air bag light on also..
I have a heavy squeeky clutch and theres a grinding noise coming from drivers side read wheele.. SOMONE HELP!​

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Air bag light could be the wires under the seats - give them a wiggle.
Squeaky clutch could just be the cable - or the pedal. Try some WD-40?
Grinding noise sounds like a wheel bearing.

Welcome

As Sash say's above airbag and service light have a wiggle of the wires under your seats.

Squeaky clutch if you move the rubber at the bottom of the clutch fork on the gearbox (under the airbox part with the clutch cable on) and push the fork to the left and you shall just about see a little black pivot cap that the fork sits on.

Spray it with some PFTE/silicone based spray don't get carried away spraying it just put a drop on it, then push the rubber back into place and whilst you are there put a bit on the cable.

Then go inside the car and spray the cable where it comes through the bulk head to the pedal.

Grinding noise? my first port of call would be rear pads and check the back of the disc as these corrode. also the rear pads don't have much meat on them from new i think its around 7mm.

Black SportClio 182
I thought to myself it may be pads so im going to check them with a garage on the weekend. I will also oil the part yo just said i know where that is as ive taken the air box off last week. Thanks for your help saved me alot of worrying!!

Black SportClio 182
Chapster 5 - Is tis serious? Iv noticed my brakes arnt the best and when u push down the breake peddle hard then take my footoff theres a kinda motor running noise cming from the front of my car?

Not as such mate,

Disks are fairly easy to change (since your not used to that kind of thing, I would take it to a garage) and fairly cheap compared to most cars.

I have a non sport and it cost me £45 all in for my front disks and pads. They where Solid disks (not vented or double) and Pagid Race pads...

Nick

Black SportClio 182
Ah, I took it to a garag b4 and the said nothing was wrong buti will tell then what i have been told and ask them to sort it out. Cheers for all the advice!

Sunflower Ph1 172
grinding could be because you need new rear pads. if it's a wheel bearing then be careful, or it can go horribly wrong if not sorted

Last edited by a moderator: