ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Something different... Tractor detail lol

An orange one
Had a bit of free time today, and I gave my other pride and joy a bit of a detail session,

First washed with Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner, towel dried and left overnight, and then I found some menzerna polish lying around so gave it 2 coats, dressed the plastics and cleaned the glass.

Wont be many 3.5 year old tractors in this condition! :) love to look after it though, these things ain't cheap!

23788C04-2830-4B00-9FC1-2B3FACFA92EA_zpskajxo4cl.jpg

4E707BAD-9BF7-4AFD-94BF-276B73BE2092_zps0aofmn4g.jpg

10CF3189-7468-4DBC-A9BC-EE2FCE7D0058_zpsopb7piil.jpg

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Jesus that's clean.. Too clean for a tractor... ;)
The Massey I'm currently using gets a pressure wash an a dirty yard brush once a week....!

4u7ehe4a.jpg

(And that's not our horrible crew yard but we were having their muck..)

An orange one
Jesus that's clean.. Too clean for a tractor... ;)
The Massey I'm currently using gets a pressure wash an a dirty yard brush once a week....!

4u7ehe4a.jpg

(And that's not our horrible crew yard but we were having their muck..)

Now that's nice! Guessing 6480... Huuuuuge tyres! You a contractor?

An orange one
If the tyres are £4k, how much is the whole thing Brand new lol?

On this model your looking around £70k list, there's a few options on it though, The wheels and tyres are options, front axle and cab both suspended, extra lights, better cab,

S4 Avant
There's a strange relationship between farmer and tractor. I've never understood it.

Some of our customers turn up in £50,000 tractors, and won't spend £50 on their wellies.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Now that's nice! Guessing 6480... Huuuuuge tyres! You a contractor?

Yup a 6480. Not a bad tractor although not keen on the dyna 6 box. It's been on the spreader hence huge (ex combine) tyres! More of a John Deere chap really..

I'm on the second year of my year out from uni - go back to do my MA in September and farm work is a good earner (did it every summer at uni).

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My farmer mate just bought some huge tractor which cost silly money. Well, he seems get loaned them on trial and then gets offered them cheap as a demonstrator however that works? lol

He reckons it'll do 55! lol

An orange one
Very shinny colin,is it a lease.???

Hi ian. No we buy these outright..Massey usually do 0% finance over 3 or 4 years. So we own it at the end. Probably keep this one another year or so and change, as the jump to change becomes too big if you keep them much longer.

An orange one
Yup a 6480. Not a bad tractor although not keen on the dyna 6 box. It's been on the spreader hence huge (ex combine) tyres! More of a John Deere chap really..

I'm on the second year of my year out from uni - go back to do my MA in September and farm work is a good earner (did it every summer at uni).

I think the dyna 6 box takes some learning to get the best out of it. Especially if its got the autodrive dial with all its settings. We just have Dyna 4 but the next tractor probably comes with dyna 6.

Quite fancy a 7615
720206-7615-massey-ferguson.jpg

nice ^^^

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
I think the dyna 6 box takes some learning to get the best out of it. Especially if its got the autodrive dial with all its settings. We just have Dyna 4 but the next tractor probably comes with dyna 6.

Quite like the autodrive dial, gearbox just feels a bit slow but that's after mostly using a JD 190R for a few weeks.. The place I worked in Northampton had a Massey with the Vario (?) transmission which was completely clutchless and similar to the JD box's.

The new breed of tractors are looking fantastic - CNH, JD, Fendt & Massey have all got got good looking machines currently. I can't imagine Massey teaming up with Autoglym to produce a tractor cleaning kit anytime soon though...

Tractor looks mint, those tyres look brand spankers.

I wouldn't mind a go of one actually, I reckon it would be bouncy bouncy ?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Looks lovely... Gf's Father have a few restored classics stored away for shows, Might have to offer to give them a once over and get some pics.

Tractor driving is fun but I prefer the simpleness of a teleporter or the likes.

An orange one
Couple more from today

The inside panel
DFADD2DD-B422-49C8-87D6-1C47218DD765_zps3vjdnvua.jpg

F46D3219-090D-4077-9FE6-4647234C4BF8_zpsl7vetyya.jpg

It's a shame that it'll soon be filthy again! :(

An orange one
Tractor looks mint, those tyres look brand spankers.

I wouldn't mind a go of one actually, I reckon it would be bouncy bouncy ?

With the suspended cab and front axle it's very smooth actually! The heavier the load on the back the smoother it becomes!
They never get boring to drive IMO, even when it's coming up midnight but you need to get finished!

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
With the suspended cab and front axle it's very smooth actually! The heavier the load on the back the smoother it becomes!
They never get boring to drive IMO, even when it's coming up midnight but you need to get finished!

That interior is incredible - been using the forklift all day and my hands were flithy! Wore gloves whilst moving fertiliser so it was the controls that were grubby!!!

Tractor driving is always exiting - especially at night with the lights on during a busy harvest!

An orange one
That interior is incredible - been using the forklift all day and my hands were flithy! Wore gloves whilst moving fertiliser so it was the controls that were grubby!!!

Tractor driving is always exiting - especially at night with the lights on during a busy harvest!

Yeah night work is always a feel good thing! Mowing is probably my favourite job of the year. Love just getting it done as neatly as possible lol!