ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sony cd-x m800

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

lokking to change my standard head unit in my cup, and noticed halfords selling this for £200. Been looking at it for a while before I saw this offer, just wondered if it was worth the money and what sort of alternatives there could be for £200 - £250.

any opinions appreciated,

Thanks Tom :D

Mk2 Golf GTI

yeah very risky as you cant remove the fascia. these are very common for getting stolen. I have the minidisc version and you can remove the face on this

Just thought id let you know, ive got a sony cdxm800 for sale, with a 10 disc autochanger, and the remote wire that will make your stereo controls on your steering wheel work. You can have the lot for £200. It came out of a cup, where everything else is standard. I thought it sounded very good. and looks really good in place of the standard stereo. PM me if your interested mate.

cheers, si

Its true you cant get the face off, but when its not in use it looks inconspicous (too the untrained eye) cos its just black. Ive not had any problems and i had a similar black panel sony stereo in the car before. My friend has a face off Pioneer, and twice he has had his stereo nicked out of his car - without the face on! At the end of the day if they want to break in and nick what they can they will. cos there scum, and there brains dont work like ours.

si_cup not having a dig or anything but the cd-x stands out a mile on the dash and the active black aint foolin anyone and its a sad fact most car thieves are "trained" and no exactly what to look for.

And yes i agree thieves are scum

Stealth Bomber R26

Swapped out my standard 172 HU for the CDXM800 search online and you can pick them up for £170. Easy to fit yourself just get a pair of stereo removers from Halfords for £4. Took me all of 10 mins to get the cage in and hide the wires. I then bought the connects2 DRNS002 adapter from Halfords at £49.99 so I now have my head up display and stalk controls back. bit tricky to hide but after a few minutes it disappeared into the dash.

Very pleased with the sound quality.

Skoda Fabia vRS

for £200 id get an Alpine..........

you should be able to get a 9812 or better for that kind of money now

alpine are shat compared to pioneer

ive had sonys

ive had alpine

ive had jvc

and ive had pioneer

and by far pioneer are the best all round

alpine are good on sound (not as good as pioneer in my opinion) but look shat.

and the more expensive sonys are good but you have to tune the sond to get it right

and jvc well biggest waste of money i have ever spent sold it 2 weeks after i got it

jaimie