ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony HU, MP3's not found issue - please help

172 Cup
Just got round to fitting my Sony CDX-GT929U head unit in my car,
it has a rear usb connection to which I plug in a 16gb pen stick filled with mp3's & wma's.

This worked perfectly last time I used it in my last car....

However, after copying across some new mp3 albums, it wont display them, as if they are not there. All of my old files and folders are still working. But all the new ones I have added just wont show up.

One thing I thought may be wrong is that the mp3's were at 320kbps, rather than the standard 128/192....so I converted them down using some software.........this hasnt solved it.

The file names are all ok (as I've heard sometimes this can hamper things), and there are no folders inside folders etc.

I just dont get why they dont show up??

I know its a long shot but if anyone can offer any advice I'd greatly appreciate it, maybe some of you have had the same problem??

Many thanks
Chris

does the unit bring up any messages?Have you tried a smaller memory stick as sony arent able to cope with larger sized ones.
320kps is also something that the unit cant cope with but you said youve already converted the files to a lower bit rate

172 Cup
No error messages are displayed if thats what you mean.

I've not tried a smaller stick, maybe an option. Strange that all my other files work fine on it. Just a certain few albums.

Have found one thing though.....I copied one of the songs from the unreadable album into a folder that I knew worked. It showed up in there and played perfectly....weird.

Thanks for the reply

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Have you checked what the memory stick is formatted as? Make sure it's a fat variant and not ntfs.

Edit: scratch that, just reread and noticed you said existing files were working.

172 Cup
Have you checked what the memory stick is formatted as? Make sure it's a fat variant and not ntfs.

Edit: scratch that, just reread and noticed you said existing files were working.

Thanks for the input mate

Anyone else got any other ideas?

does the unit limit the amount of folders it can read?i dont really sell many sony so dont know off top of my head