ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sorry chaps...............

FRS Mk3 Red edition

but i have sucumb to the civic type-r

test drove one on Saturday and ordered it yesterday!!!!!!!

the clio is a brilliant car but the civic does everything the same but just a little better shame it looks a zafira but in the black, it does hide it high sides quite well.

So the clio is for sale if anyone is interested full details on the for sale section

i lie the Type - R

nothing wrong with it, and i think it looks just fine, the engine is pure genius!......but i am a Renault man......working for them and all..lol

BTW, the CTR engine is soo good, we actually had to INCREASE the flywheel weight to conform with race rules!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Did you test drive the Leon Cupra R! That looks better and built better. It gets a cracking review in last weeks Autocar.

FRS Mk3 Red edition

yeah looked at the cupra but i didnt want anything with a turbo

what swung it is the howl from the engine @ hgh revs.

the gearbox on the ctr is awesome and very precise.

though it is totally different to my mates integra type r which is a lot louder and a lot more raw in its power delivery.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Hope you enjoy your Civic Type R ST HORNE. My neighbour has one and it is ideal if you have a couple of kids as it is very cavernous inside, but on the roads around here it hardly gets up to the revs you are speaking about! It would need a racetrack or a thrash at Crail to make good use of those revs!

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

I love Hondas and see a fair few CTRs, still prefer my little clio tho, I am a single man and dont need the extra space, except when taking the girlfriend to uni (need three cars then). My dad has always bought Hondas and has never had any problems.

They look good, if a little like an MPV.

Have fun.

my next car hopefully be a turbo or a V-tec, ever since my dad brought a prelude VTi i was won over by the sound and performance of it, plus the honda reputation of being reliable

FRS Mk3 Red edition

thanks for all the positive replies you have given,if im honest i thought i would have been slated for defecting to the other side.

you cannot take nothing away from the clio172, and the extra 5 grand i will have to pay for the civic just shows how good the clio is in relative terms.plus i get no toys at all!!!!!!

tried to get the girlfriend to have my clio to keep it in the family, and as much as she loves it i just cant talk her into it.

starting to see the dark side and I also like the type R. Howevre after watching the touring cars on sunday it will only do as the race spec edition :)

Enjoy your new car

Good choice St Horne! As soon as Ive sorted out selling/buying my house, Im putting in an order for a black CTR. The Clios good but just need that extra bit of space.....;)

GR7

Shiny red R32

The black CTR is the best looking one, the red not nearly as nice and the silver ones dont look half as sporty, and dare I say it, as aggressive as the black!

Have to agree as the black does look nice! Still not as nice as my 1.2 silver clio which ive got on loan! Love it so much am thinking of cancelling my order for a Cup! Its fantastic fun and the honeyz lap it up like little kittens at saucers of milk!

FRS Mk3 Red edition

girlracer

the girlfriend has fiat punto sporting that shes going to get rid of and she will be geting a brand new clio 16 16v dynamique

FRS Mk3 Red edition

good news

the girlfriend has had a pay rise @ work so the 172 will be going to her so i will still be able to see it and drive it.

got the best of both worlds now with a CTR and a 172 available to drive depending on my mood.

will be able to compare the two in the real world terms rather than motoring journos giving them death round a track.

FRS Mk3 Red edition

LOL @ GEORDIEPAUL

on the honda opition list you can have a fare meter fitted to the dashboard, also an orange free parking badge is included as standard.