ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sorting out a scratch

D

deadonkey

Hi,

Ive got a pearl black clio and it has a 12" scratch along the rear drivers side panel.
Its fairly deep, my finger nail catches in it. I dont think its down to primer but it does appear to be lighter than the rest of the car.
This means to me anyway that I cant polish it out, i'm going to have to fill it first then polish it out then.

Im looking to do it myself and was planning to use one of those touch up brush things either from Renault or halfords.

Is this the correct method? What are they like?, what result can I expect?

Any other ideas are appreciated.

The rest of the paint on the car is in good condition, hardly any swirl marks really.
Polished it (by hand) with AG SRP today and was amazed at the easy on easy off compared to merr that I used to use.

D

deadonkey

looks a bit too much for me to do. I'll have a look at those scratch repair mobile vans.

"Navy" N17 TWO
looks a bit too much for me to do. I'll have a look at those scratch repair mobile vans.

Would rubbing the door with a van not make the scratch worse? :clown:

As Rich says, bigger scratches are for the brave!
I have touched up a few marks on my car (like you have described) with the above method.
I was a bit nervous lol but was amazed with my attempt :approve:

D

deadonkey

I havnt got it sorted yet, just trying to decide if i should have a go myself or get a man with a van to do it. I'm unsure how deep it is it looks white but I think its just as it through the clearcoat and into the actual paint.
and it is a long scratch 12"

Hi,

Ive got a pearl black clio and it has a 12" scratch along the rear drivers side panel.
Its fairly deep, my finger nail catches in it. I dont think its down to primer but it does appear to be lighter than the rest of the car.
This means to me anyway that I cant polish it out, i'm going to have to fill it first then polish it out then.

Had the same thing, some little scum bag decided that they would put a key to my car after having a couple of weeks.

Anyway i didnt do it myself but like rich says it was a light sand and machine buff jobby. got my brother inlaw to do mine but took over half the scratch out then just left the bit that as down to the primmer.

when the summer comes im going sort the rest out