ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sound install...

Clio 1.2 16v
Ok so when my new head unit arrives i'll be wiring up my first little install,

The head unit i'll be using is a Sony CDX GT930UI, The amp is an old school Alpine MRV-T500, which will be powering 2 Boss subs (same as these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOSS-TWIN-SUBWOOFER-BOX-2-X-750-WATT-10"-SUBS_W0QQitemZ320410033776QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20090809?IMSfp=TL090809138002r6439#ht_500wt_1182 )

I'll hopefully be buying components for the front in the near future aswell,

This sound ok to you guys? Anyone had any experience with these products before, Good/Bad??

Black 197
10" subs are ok for fast beats etc but not very good at coping with deep low bass in my experience...

The chap has listed them as 750 Watts each.. Thats probably the peak at what they will play.. the RMS is what you need to look for as thats a good guide to decide on the continual nominal power output of the speaker.. The higher the RMS the better the sound from the speaker will be.....

Cheap speakers or none branded subs tend to have high Peaks and low RMS. Most people see the (example) 1200watts and think it'll be very good but in reality its prob got an RMS of about 250 Watt and will sound dog crap...

Its like anything really buy decent branded subs and you'll reap the rewards.. Buy a pony sub and you'll regret it and it'll sound sh*t..

If i was you i'd give that boss sub a miss and look on www.caraudiosecurity.com or on similar sites and have a look on what they have to offer

good luck