ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sounds Like a wheel bearing but it's not a wheel bearing.

Hello folks have an annoying tap tap resonating sound coming from the back of my car. It's only there between 50-65 mph ish on smooth surface and can't figure out what it is. Believe it coming from passenger side rear wheel.

It's just had new discs with bearings everything is assembled correctly. I've dismantled and checked. Any ideas?

The only thing I can think is that corner has a different make of tyre than the others and it needs balancing. Would this make that sound?

The spare is unfortunately buckled and has a tyre same as the other three so I can't swap it. When buying infuture I will check the spare. Had the car 5 months now so no come back.

Help please.

I could just drive at 30 or 70 but where I live the dual carriage way is restricted to 50.

Renault Clio 172 cup
Is your exhaust hanger ok ? If the rubber has perished that can cause the backbox to move enough to make a noise and its very close to the left rear wheel. Other than that check your calipers, shock springs etc.

Put the rear wheels on the front then and see if it still makes the noise

Is your exhaust hanger ok ? If the rubber has perished that can cause the backbox to move enough to make a noise and its very close to the left rear wheel. Other than that check your calipers, shock springs etc.

Will swap the wheels round today. Never thought of the exhaust hanger will give these a shot.

Moved the wheel to the front and the noise has moved with it. So I'm guessing it's the wheel. Probably not balanced

I had the same problem, it was a tyre problem, wheel was again balanced and the noise was the same...

Been and had tyre swapped from my buckled spare alloy today. Now has four matching corners! I haven't had the chance to get it up to speed tonight to check the noise is gone but fingers crossed