ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sounds like there's crickets in my engine bay :/

PH2 172
Alright guys my 172 is in the garage atm having some new lifters put in, but over the past few days and only occasionally it literally sounds like there's crickets engine bay, it doesn't seem to get louder or speed up and slow down with acceleration, well not that I've noticed :| any ideas? I remember someone mentioning to me a while ago that a faulty dephaser makes a sound like that, any knowledgeable comments would be greatly appreciated,
thanks in advance Spence :)

PH2 172
Ahh does sound kinda tractor/diesel like but been told that's the lifters, if it still makes the other noise (high pitch creaky noise) when I get it back I'll stick a video up, thanks though guys :)

PH2 172
Forgot I put this thread up, turned out to be a combo of rocker arms, aux belt tensioner and the dephaser, all sorted now apart from dephaser which is booked in for Thursday :)