ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South Central : Surrey Rolling Road : £30! : Saturday 23rd January 10am

good day out, good to meet quite a few of you

thanks to matt wills of the stealthsport fame for the donughts ect(sorry i left early matt

Ph1 172. cat cams 421,omex 600, head work, matched inlets,ktr stealth and decat

172 hp 150lb/ft :S

think it needs a trip to omex to sort the map out

hope to see you all at the next meet

cheers

chris

Hi all I just wanted to say thanks to Saner for organising this and I hope you all liked the doughnuts and Monster drinks.

Ropey made 180.3bhp and Traxo made 130.5bhp at the flywheel so all in all a good day.

Bring on the next RR day.

:)

Just got back, was a great laugh and good to meet the lads, as above really cheers to Saner for organising and keeping us informed with whats going on etc and to Matt for the monster and doughies!

It was a shame to see you lot had vanished after I dropped Matt off but hey!

171bhp and is not looking too shabby at 169k ;)

Audi TT 225 Quattro
was a good day and was good to see new and old faces:D

mine made 180bhp peak, ive gain 3bhp at the top but have massive improvements through out the rev range of both torque and bhp from my mods done since last there:D not bad for an engine that's 17 years old and on 145k+;)

Arctic FF 182
A big thanks to Saner for organizing this and to Matt for the donuts and drinks :D was very happy with the 180.5 mine put out :D hopefully see some of you at the meets this week

03 clio 172
I second the big thanks to Saner for today, was good to put some names to faces and cars. Just need to sort the fuelling out on mine now.

BG V6 IL V6 172cup
Cheers Saner for sorting the RR day. Good donuts matt cheers too..

Well pleased 180.2bhp with the current mods - JMS Stage 1 engine upgrade and Stage 2 Matched Inlets. :cool:

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Cheers John for organising today. Was a good bit of banter as always. Seeing Nick's mule of a Cup make 180 made me wish i'd bought mine along!

Donuts were nice but i'd have preferred a bacon sarnie Matt....take note for the next meet.;)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one John, always a good day, good to see everyone.

Mightily surprised by my Focus, 100% standard, 121,000 miles, and it comes in 6% over book at 103.8 bhp :approve:

If only Renault engines did that eh?!?!?

Was a good day indeed! Couldn't believe the Cup made 180.3, was completely shocked as last year the it only made 167.9 and i've only put on a few little modifications!

Cheers John for organising it, was a good laugh with a lot of really nice cars. Will be up for it next year, maybe push for a few more horses for next year maybe also :)

Nick

03 clio 172
Was well impressed with what your car made mate, was hoping for figures close to what you had but hey ho. Nice to meet you too btw.

Was well impressed with what your car made mate, was hoping for figures close to what you had but hey ho. Nice to meet you too btw.

Cheers matey, was nice to meet you also. I wouldn't worry to much about the figures, the difference looks big but on the road/track there really won't be much in it. I reckon with the new JMS induction set up you'll get a good gain off that as the I think the Ph2 airbox is a rubbish design.

Nick

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Great day out, big thanks to saner for organising & matt W for grub. Pleased with what my car got as it is 10bhp more than book power!
75 standard and it got 85.4 yesterday :D

Enjoyed putting more names to faces as always and Glad Nick is going to keep his cup :p

p.s. Thank you chris (marinemckay) for letting me have a play in your 172!

White clique
Good to see you all, some surprising results (both up and down). Mines exactly where it should be considering its standard and has a torque converter, so glad about that!

Cheers for arranging Jon and cheers Matt for the donuts.

PS - i'm sure i saw a 200 in the car park... would be very interested in the results from that.

Good work ladies :)

JMS 182:
181.9 bhp / 163 ft /lb ATF
150.8 bhp / 129 ft/lb ATW

Very close to TOTD we use for bench marking :)

Just need to sort the fuelling out on mine now.

We'll see what we can do on Wed mate :)

Well pleased 180.2bhp with the current mods - JMS Stage 1 engine upgrade and Stage 2 Matched Inlets. :cool:

Ropey made 180.3bhp

James & I are happy with those figures too boys, shows the work is consistent - inevitably mine had to be more powerful though ;) (good job charlie takes bribes)

Last edited:
  03 clio 172
Cheers matey, was nice to meet you also. I wouldn't worry to much about the figures, the difference looks big but on the road/track there really won't be much in it. I reckon with the new JMS induction set up you'll get a good gain off that as the I think the Ph2 airbox is a rubbish design.

Nick

Mine seems to be running very rich above 4k which I think would have been the reason for the low ish figure. It's hopefully being sorted on Wednesday. I'll post up what happens then.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Thanks for organising Jon, was a good day and nice to meet some more people. And ta for the doughnuts Matt.

Happy with mine as standard, will hopefully be back next year with power mods!