ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South Wales 2015

Hi all, I'm Cory.

What's going on in South Wales this year?!
I know there are "active" threads but who wants to troll through 28 pages to find the last activity was Nov 2014?

I've seen the karting meet being discussed although that doesn't sound my cup of tea yet. I'd rather more of a park & shoot event to get to know people first. I'm from Merthyr Tydfil and I'm looking to get myself to some meets.

So yeah, what's going on?
Let's discuss a plan!

Cory.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Turn up to the karting meet. Youl get to know plenty.

Youl find not many in South Wales care about clios anymore so unlikely to interest them.

Last karting meet there were 3 clios for example, the rest of us owned other cars.

Turn up to the karting meet. Youl get to know plenty.

Youl find not many in South Wales care about clios anymore so unlikely to interest them.

Last karting meet there were 3 clios for example, the rest of us owned other cars.

I see, it's a shame.
Why do you think the interest has been lost?

I'd be happy to host/co host meets if the interest warrants the effort.
There must be some nice places for the North and South to meet in the middle and try to understand each other? [emoji23]

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Because people have moved on from small French cars.

There was a Subaru, s2000, civic type r, Audi a4 and I've got a focus st.

Youl struggle to get enough interest in a Clio meet I think, that's why the karting is such a hit IMO.

No harm in trying of course

Because people have moved on from small French cars.

There was a Subaru, s2000, civic type r, Audi a4 and I've got a focus st.

Youl struggle to get enough interest in a Clio meet I think, that's why the karting is such a hit IMO.

No harm in trying of course

Good point, CSS have pretty good turn outs though. Where they all come from? [emoji23]

clio 182 trophy
We had a good meet around march last year. Think about 12 clios showed and had a cracking drive. Will prob do another when the weather improves.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@CoryColeWilkins
We have plenty of things organised and planned from karting, tracks days road trips, convoys to shows and of course the main CS.Net meets. I'm even hoping to sort out a charity event or two.

Not many people go for the "park and shoot" meets, as standing around in a car park in -3 degree weather isn't much fun. If you want to get to know people then your best bet is to turn up to the proposed meets. Of course we don't mind you setting up your own meets but it would benefit the scene more if more members took interest in the planned stuff.

@Jaff. is quite right in saying that most drive other makes of cars, some of us are even bikers at heart so we like I keep the meets varied as to interest all.

@182Trophy is right, last year we did a run from Newport to the Elan valley and a good number showed up, we really don't do park and shoots, more blast and hoots. There will be another long drive sorted.

@SharkyUK is she ready to be let loose in wales finally?

Karting meet was great. Got to know a few lads better and had a brilliant laugh! Recommend going to one. [emoji106] [emoji106]

Most people get lured away by bigger more powerful or refined cars. I like my clio and will be keeping it as the 2nd car for a while to come yet. But I'm fortunate to have 2 cars, suppressing the urge to sell the clio for more power! [emoji5]

Don't think many will be interested in a McDonald's style meet. Most of us are petrol heads who love cars, and love driving them, So we'd rather go for a long drive over some twisty mountains [emoji3]

I'm tempted to sell and get something turbo again but there's no need really. These are quick enough for a blast and I'll only end up doing silly speeds in another impreza etc [emoji14]

I'll be trying to make as many meets/events as possible this year. But working away does make it awkward sometimes.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Karting meet was great. Got to know a few lads better and had a brilliant laugh! Recommend going to one. [emoji106] [emoji106]

Most people get lured away by bigger more powerful or refined cars. I like my clio and will be keeping it as the 2nd car for a while to come yet. But I'm fortunate to have 2 cars, suppressing the urge to sell the clio for more power! [emoji5]

Don't think many will be interested in a McDonald's style meet. Most of us are petrol heads who love cars, and love driving them, So we'd rather go for a long drive over some twisty mountains [emoji3]

I'm tempted to sell and get something turbo again but there's no need really. These are quick enough for a blast and I'll only end up doing silly speeds in another impreza etc [emoji14]

I'll be trying to make as many meets/events as possible this year. But working away does make it awkward sometimes.

Why sell it and go turbo? The shell on your LY is tidy, turbo the little b*****d.

Don't tempt me.... lol. I'd love to turbo it. Its in garage now getting belts and dephaser doing tomorrow. Cost a small fortune for that. [emoji17]

Just bought a new house. Wife would kill me if I told her I'm spending 2.5k+ on a 2.5k car, lol.
Need to buy load of furniture, new kitchen, bathroom,...... look what I bought love!! A tiny metal snail that you'll never see? Youbdont mind do you? You do mind?.... oh no[emoji14]

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Don't tempt me.... lol. I'd love to turbo it. Its in garage now getting belts and dephaser doing tomorrow. Cost a small fortune for that. [emoji17]

Just bought a new house. Wife would kill me if I told her I'm spending 2.5k+ on a 2.5k car, lol.
Need to buy load of furniture, new kitchen, bathroom,...... look what I bought love!! A tiny metal snail that you'll never see? Youbdont mind do you? You do mind?.... oh no[emoji14]
She won't mind, tell her it's for her car and she'll never know!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
is she ready to be let loose in wales finally?
Not quite mate... but she will be soon. Now that the new year is underway, and normality has returned, I have a plan of things to fix/buy and will be working my through it. By the time spring arrives, she should be ready :) I can't wait.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Not quite mate... but she will be soon. Now that the new year is underway, and normality has returned, I have a plan of things to fix/buy and will be working my through it. By the time spring arrives, she should be ready :smile: I can't wait.

Wayhey that's the hammer! Hopefully have my berg sorted by spring as well, wether I'll be allowed to drive by then is another matter.

Le CBR will be the meatiest N/A Clio around for sure, the way it handled on track and pulled the that diff in it (even with it jumping a gear) was lovely.

I see, it's a shame.
Why do you think the interest has been lost?

I'd be happy to host/co host meets if the interest warrants the effort.
There must be some nice places for the North and South to meet in the middle and try to understand each other? [emoji23]
The fact that a Clio forum where a portion of the owners don't have Clios has stayed so strong is what I love about this page.
This forum is like a refined Pistonheads and that's why I still browse the site. :)

The karting meet was really well organised and was great fun.
Plus come the spring/summer time and we've got a few meets in the Beacons and beyond, you'll be glad you stuck around. :)

Might have been a slight miss understanding here guys. I'm up for the karting meets but wanted to go to more of a clio orientated meet to get to know you guys more.
Also, I don't mean park up in McDonald's . Meet up, take pics have a good chat and go for drives sounds really good to me!

Sport Clio182
Get the clios out ;-) !
I'm from mountain ash mate , I hardly see clios about now ,
All I've seen recently is a black 172 , which turns out to be a black 1.2 ! lol so, it's gone quite obismal , it's either the fact everyone's moved on and got different more fuel friendly cars , or they've had they're clios taken off them lol ;-)

Evo 8 and clio 172
Will try and get involved in some meets, seen the go karting which sounds a good laugh.

Be better when the weather gets better ;)

LY 182 T

simple answer to this ^ dont tell her :cool: haha

should defo boost the LY tho :up:

LY 182 T
Might have been a slight miss understanding here guys. I'm up for the karting meets but wanted to go to more of a clio orientated meet to get to know you guys more.
Also, I don't mean park up in McDonald's . Meet up, take pics have a good chat and go for drives sounds really good to me!

im from merthyr aswell mate, what you driving a 172?

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'll get the clios out :wink: my two 172 bergs. One standard and one cammed + more but in need of work sadly.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
We'll do more car orientated meets when the weather and roads clears up a bit @CoryColeWilkins don't worry, plenty of time for pics, drives and the odd natter.
There's a few members driving different cars but the majority of people are clio drivers, each car having something a little different so always a good day out.

Welcome to the new member @Dirtmatt aswell, what you driving chap?

Evo 8 and clio 172
Sounds good to me bud. Nice pair of clios you have :smile:

I should really bring the clio along to the meets but if it's a drive that sounds like a good reason to use the evo