ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

southend

There will be a Scooby convoy going to Southend on this day too, quite a few are going from the Kent area by all accounts. Could be quite an impressive sight 2 different car convoys - might attract a bit of unwelcome attention though!

Im from Gravesend, so if I go, I might tag along with a few of the Clios if I see any, as I dont know if any Gravesend Scoobys are going or not.

Enjoy the evening anyway!

mdjones-ok well go for that then. Confirm a bit nearer the time as well. I know what you mean about being early. Cant wait to see your motor in the flesh, im going to feel very embarassed indeed i think!

Id like to see that scooby convoy too!!

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

im from gillingham!!!

we usually if you coming up before the tunnel we usually meet at a petrol station on the A20. its easy to find.

mdjones - ive seen you car around maidstone quite a bit, did you buy it with the kit on? i just remember it being for sale some time ago. ive got a green RT, recognised through the twins on the back! bondys from maidstone too, he may come up.

im not sure what times people are meeting at southend pub but its usually 30mins from ikea car park and it takes 10 mins to get to ikea from the petrol station. CONVOY THROUGH THE TUNNEL IS A MUST!!!!! hopefully we can convoy with the scoobys!

james g - i had it up for sale for a few weeks but then got the bonnet keyed and alternator packed in and i didnt want to sell it, wanted to make it better.

will be a good sight a convoy of modded clios going down the motorway towards southend

Tadpole - yeah confirm exact meeting place and time nearer 5th april

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

mdjones - did you go to the sittingbourne car show last summer, i think it was your clio that i parked next to.

it looks like the scooby lot are meeting at Mcds on the A127 but we usually go down the A13. so we have a choice of meet the scooby lot which will be a bit out of the way or go straight to southend.

im definately up for the detour and leaving a bit later. The other clios are meeting at the southend pub at around 7:30 and the scoobys are meeting on the A127 at around 7:30.

the petrol meeting point before the tunnel. easiest way to describe it is when coming off the M25 head south, its the first station at a roundabout. If heading up from south i.e M20 its still best to head up to the m25 turnoff and do a U turn back down A20. might be able to find a map to e-mail if anyone wants it.

Scooby Do, maybe you can tell other scooby owners about this meeting point before the tunnel! would love to follow a bunch of scoobys booting it throught the tunnel.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

JamesG,

Confirm where that petrol station is please. I know round that way and cannot picture it.

Do you mean the Esso at the Dartford turn-off of the M25?

James

Audi S3 225

Im gonna be up there too, im coming from just outside gravesend. Gonna get loads off my m8s in the back so my car looks slammed on my 17s!

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Yeah im goin, and im not sure where this petrol station is? I basically live next to the Esso station that James Clio 16V is talking about. Is the petrol station that you are meeting at b4 or after the tunnel? thanks

Also, for any of you that live anywhere near Bluewater & fancy a mini meet occasionally (sp) a good place to meet is the Wharf pub which is just outide Bluewater, which is where we hold the Kent Scooby meet most 3rd Fridays of each month - I have seen a few 16 valvers there recently. Car parks nice, you can usually get all the cars together, and the pubs nice, & apparently it does nice food too, kids are welcome if youve got any.:D

DAMN DAMN DAMN. I live the other end of the country! :( Well have a great time and I reckon the convoy will be ace, especially going through the tunnel!:D

james g - yeah my car was at that car show. could ya send me a map as im not sure where you mean exactly.

so is the plan to meet before the tunnel at the petrol station the through the tunnel to thurruck to meet a few other then down to southend

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

dont think the petrol stations esso, could be wrong. its not on the dartford turn off.

the usual meeting point after the tunnel is ikea car park but we can meet at thurrok, depends who wants to go straight to southend and who wants to meet the other scooby owners first.

if we meet the scoobys on the A127 i think times will be leave ikea/services 7- 7:10 and leave the petrol station before the tunnel at about 6:45 - 7.

ill get benj to host a pic of the petrol station and put it on here.

Abarth Grande Punto

i am up for meeting at thurrock services! Never been on a cliosport meet b4. I live about 10 mins from thurrock in HORNCHURCH

Im getting a bit confused, to set the record straight we are now going to the Mean Street Cruise NOT Southend so please check the meetings board if you havent already.

I think the mean street starts in the afternoon rather than at night so i think we should be aiming to get there at 7 is possible. I think the petrol station is a good idea as some of us have never been to mean street before and wont know where to park so it will be good to all go along together.

Please post on the newest southend topic in the meetings forum.

for anyone going roung that way.. that pertrol station is litterally 5 mins off the m25

and yea what time???

james???

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

I know where that garage is now.

Its an ELF garage on the Farningham roundabout and the dealership is W.J.King, a Vauxhall one.

Ill meet you guys at the garage, just let me know the time.

James