ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spacers again

ph1 clio 172
hi im running lowered gaz coilovers with 16" 172 alloys but the wheels seem to be swallowed by the arch, i was wondering what sizes peaple are running on their 172's . read loads of threads and just got confused :banghead:
cheers j

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'm in the same boat, had a pair of 20mm spacers on for about 20mins a long time ago but don't think I fitted them properly lol the noise on the way home was awful :eek:

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
I've got 25mm (each side) up front with satandard OZ f1's and there near perfect could perhaps do with another 5mm. On the rear i've got 5mm each side but will be changing that to larger soon, just havent been able to get proper hubcentric ones in a good size for the rear as the 13mm FK ones i had on the rear didnt fit properly :(

Looking for 182
I have the same issue, the front wheels look a bit too far in (lowered on KTR coilovers).

Does having spacers have any positive/negative affect on the handling of the car? Or is it all about looks?

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Well the spacers will give you a wider stance so more grip, better turn in etc, but they also put a bit more stress on the wheel bearings although i think this is pretty minimal unless you have some obscene spacers!

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
On the front of a phase 1 you need at least 25 - 30mm but always go hubcentric type B if your going that large! the ones that bolt to the hub then the wheel to the spacer

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
cheers mate ill look on ebay
j
I'd stay away from the delta mics if i were you there cheap - for a reason there massively heavy and i think a few peeps had issues with the actual bolts that come with them, If i were you i'd be looking at alloy Fk's or H&R spacers there a lot more expensive but are alloy not steel so dont weigh a great deal, i think the delta mics are around 5kgs not sure if thats both or not, but as its rotating mass its X4 (i think) So thats a lot of extra weight