ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers fitted. Opinions.

PH2 Flamer
Just fitted a set of 20 and 25mm spacers to my 172 which has cup turini's fitted.

Front went from this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371640383.522718.jpg

To this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371640412.184305.jpg

The rears went from this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371640431.721687.jpg

To this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371640443.288388.jpg

Do the rears look too far out?

PH2 Flamer
I will grab one in a mo. I've only fitted one side at the moment. So I can compare.

Checked the front, no scrubbing, rears have lots of room.

I think either front needs more poke, or rears need less. Will get them all on, and take a pic

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
The front looks spot on but I think the rear is slightly too much but I bet it will be brilliant from the rear.

PH2 Flamer
Well this is it
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371642218.185732.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371642228.918722.jpg

Took it for a quick drive, nsr is scrubbing!

Oh well back to dan for some 15mm. Got 10mm more at the fronts lol.

See if he will take these back, and get the 15 in exchange. If not I will just sell them.

PH2 Flamer
Ah well. Was trying to avoid the stud conversion route. So expensive.

Not sure weather to send the 25mm set back and stick the 20s on front.

Or does that look ok?

Any idea what the best value for money stud kit is? I never do track days, so purely for road use.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I cant imagine they would take them back off you and refund you as the bolts have now been tightened and for all they know you have over tightened them etc, I certainly would be happy buying those as "new" now from the manufacturer.

you dont have to go stud conversion if you go for a 10mm say on the rear, you can just buy longer bolts.

PH2 Flamer
They said I can send them back, just done me a deal on some 15mm.

Time to find some studs. Will I need Longer studs for the fronts? As they have bigger spacers?

RS6 C7
I cant imagine they would take them back off you and refund you as the bolts have now been tightened and for all they know you have over tightened them etc, I certainly would be happy buying those as "new" now from the manufacturer.

you dont have to go stud conversion if you go for a 10mm say on the rear, you can just buy longer bolts.

We take returns but just sell them on eBay as used although i think I'll have these for my 172 hahah!

PH2 Flamer
Anyone know what length studs I will require running 25mm and 15mm spacers?

Looking at the ktec ones, seem to be a good price. Come in 68mm or 100mm. Also some on eBay, come in a range between 40mm to 80mm. Quite cheap though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
For road use just get the mega cheap rally designs/ebay ones if you like, its only track they are a problem IME.

68mm like you mention will be fine on the front as you have bolt to hub spacers so the studs just need to be normal length.

On the rear you want them 15mm longer than on the front to allow for the spacers.

PH2 Flamer
Oh yeah, common sense really.

eBay ones come in 40,50,60,80.

So even the 80mm ones are too short. I need at least 83mm.

The 15mm are also bolt to hub. Will securing some 68mm studs not work with these? Like the 25mm?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I dont see how the 15mm can be bolt to hub, doesnt sound like enough material, but if they are then you dont need studs.

PH2 Flamer
On their trader section, the thread about spacers says 15mm are bolt to hub type, but they recommend using a stud conversion kit.

If I don't use studs, I will need to trim the wheel bolts surely? Which to me, sounds quite dangerous.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
As chip said just get the 15mm rear hub spacers and then you don't need to worry about the wheel bolt lengths.

PH2 Flamer
I do. Wheel bolts poke through the alloy approx 18/19mm.

So I either need studs, and just slide the spacers over. Or shorter wheel bolts.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I do. Wheel bolts poke through the alloy approx 18/19mm.

So I either need studs, and just slide the spacers over. Or shorter wheel bolts.

I think you are misunderstanding what we are referring to mate.. Hub spacers go behind the brake set up and bolt to the hub.

PH2 Flamer
Aaah I see. Lol. I never even thought of those.

Cheap enough to buy if I fancy them anyway.

See how much studs are going to cost. May end up also selling the 15mm and getting the hub spacers you linked.

Cheers mate.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Makes far more sense rather than messing about buying shorter bolts or doing a stud conversion IMO. I just had 15mm rear hub spacers and 20mm front hubcentrics fitted and its spot on. Less wear on the rear bearings too.