ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spacers...how wide??

Clio 172
Hi all,

I picked up some ROTA grids for my car, I tried to fit them on but realised they don't fit over my calipers so it means I must need some spacers. If I remember correctly, the wheels have an offset of 40 and my 172 wheels have an original offset of 48.5, does that mean I should have 10mm spacers on each side??

Thanks

182, 6r GTi
Hi all,

I picked up some ROTA grids for my car, I tried to fit them on but realised they don't fit over my calipers so it means I must need some spacers. If I remember correctly, the wheels have an offset of 40 and my 172 wheels have an original offset of 48.5, does that mean I should have 10mm spacers on each side??

Thanks

how wide are they? not necessarily 10mm spacers would make the rotas et30 so sticking out another 10mm i thought with the rotas you just needed to shave some material off the calipers, prob best to as some of the other people that have done it already

Clio 172
how wide are they? not necessarily 10mm spacers would make the rotas et30 so sticking out another 10mm i thought with the rotas you just needed to shave some material off the calipers, prob best to as some of the other people that have done it already

the wheels are 7j, maybe i was in a hurry when trying them on earlier but i hadn't even gotten 1/2 the bolt in before realising it got stuck. It was then I realised the wheels were already stuck on the calipers. Thanks for the suggestion, I guess I will give it a try before using spacers since I prefer not to use them anyway.

Shave down the callipers has been the recent solution on here... Check out bomber and keiran's project threads.