ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers & Standard Suspension

Clio 172
Morning Chaps,

I want to space the wheels out a bit on the 172 as they look lost a little in the arches, also if my mother can see the wheel in the wing mirror when parking she might be less likely to nail a rim! :D

I've done a little bit of research and I'm unsure on what system to go for A or B hubcentric or not.

What size spacing (per wheel or total) have people gone for on standard suspension setups? - if I do space the wheels am I likely to lose the handling ability of the car?

Also, where can I source longer bolts etc if I'm going to need them for the system I use?

Cheers
Al

Black Clio GT
definatly hubcentric, system b start from 15mm per wheel and system a requires you to purchase extended bolts if you go wider then 6mm per wheel
anything under 6mm wont be hubcentric as there is still enough lip to support the wheel and you dont need extended bolts.
try to get aluminium ones as they are lighter than steel so you get better responce and better handeling due to less unsprung weight.

i personally would be getting 15mm sytem b if had a 172 on standard rims.....