ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spare Keys?

3 MPS, MX5
I've only got one key for the 52 plate Clio that I've just bought for my partner and I don't really want to pay £130 from a renault dealer for a spare unless I have to. I did look on Ebay and they are selling remotes separately so does this mean I can buy a remote and insert a new blade and then have it cut to the original, and then have it re-programed?

Any advise?

3 MPS, MX5
Thanks for the reply. So can I re-program the key myself with the original or does it have to be done by Renault?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
No you cant buy a used key - it will not work.

You will have to buy a virgin plip from Renault - part number 8200067907 £51.05 + vat and a new blade 7701039957 £8.01 + vat.

We programme keys in for £35 so this may work out a little cheaper

3 MPS, MX5
BTW Matt do you work for a Renault dealership? if so how much is a new V6 badge for the Clio? ta

Last edited:
  3 MPS, MX5
If a used one can't be done then there is a new one on Ebay that I'll risk unless anyone can tell me otherwise, thanks.