ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spare wheel

2002 172
Hi there everybody,
I've just got myself a little 2002 172 after my Alfa 147 Twinspark departed for that great scrapyard in the sky. (Or Abingdon,at least ! )
Unfortunately, it has no spare wheel although, as it has the tool thingy that fits in the spare and the floor is sagging BADLY, I'm assuming that it had one at some point.
My question to you is,will any Clio spare from the same period fit my 172 ? ( I realise there might be a rotor issue and I might have to swap front to back etc.)
Whilst I'm here, has anybody got a cheap spare they would be willing to part with within a reasonable driving distance of OX12 9LD ?
Also, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to fit a piece of plywood under the carpet to cure the sagging as I can't see just the fitting of a spare wheel fixing it. Is this correct?
After having a couple of punctures over the last few years, I have no wish to rely on a can of Whippy cream OR the AA to get me home. I am a (reasonably) healthy and ( borderline) intelligent adult who is perfectly capable of changing a wheel at the side of the road. Although,to be fair, I did manage to completely explode a locking wheelnut trying to get it off at 2 am in the middle of nowhere once ,so maybe I should modify that last statement.
I even taught myself a few new swear words !
Many thanks , in advance ,for your help,
Andy.

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
Any wheel will be fine as long as the tyre size is the same as standard. Your boot will take a 15 or 16 and should remedy your sagging boot floor once fitted. Do you have the cap to hold it all in place?

2002 172
Any wheel will be fine as long as the tyre size is the same as standard. Your boot will take a 15 or 16 and should remedy your sagging boot floor once fitted. Do you have the cap to hold it all in place?
I have something in there, although it does look as though some gorilla has had a go at it at some point.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Don't be temped to buy a single off ebay, they are well overpriced at breakers. It'll be cheaper to buy a set of 172 alloys and weigh 3 in for scrap and end up with a free spare.