ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spark Plug Torque Wrench

Hello again,

I am planning on putting in some new spark plugs on my clio 172 and have read it is best to use a torque wrench.

I have found one on ebay which is preset to 24nm. I know it is cheap and proabaly quite inaccurate but i am only using it once and i guess it is better than nothing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SYKES-PICKAVA...t=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item1c09d3cc0a

I was wondering if this will be ok? or can anyone direct me to where i can get a better one?

Thanks

HBT 172 Cup
Dont over engineer it. Finger tight then 1/4 turn is all you need, i wouldnt go out buying special tools just to put your spark plugs in lol

You need to torque them up!, dont ever finger tight them and then a little turn, as for that torque wrench i bought the same one for my plugs, preset to 24nm, does a good job and its worth the money even if used a few times

ITB'd MK1
loose plugs are a problem on the F4R when not torqued correctly for some reason (might just be morons fitting them tbh, things like this usually are)