ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spark pluggs

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

I ve now had my Bosch super four pluggs in for about 10 000 miles is it time to change? They are good pluggs but anyone else got a view on what i should use?
I think its time cus my car seems to slightly juder/hessitate when cold(automatic choke on) and I have to boot it a bit to stop it.

p.s have changed the dizzy cap and rotor arm not long ago and have splittfire leads so they are all fine.

BMW 320d Sport

Ive never had any real problems with my Super 4s, they seem to do the job, no misfires etc even when running nitrous at 7000 rpm.

What can I say, a plugs a plug it either works or it doesnt.

Skoda Fabia vRS

splitfire plugs are not good plugs

they are rebadged plugs with platinum bits added to em

they are like the budget american brand of plug, the worst there are

Bugger you posted too late. I was going to sign in and say that.

I fitted mine last week, not very good at all. Im now trying others. Glad these dont cost too much

Dave

Ive been told NGK ones are best for use with N2O, along with magnecor leads. You need a really good spark to get the best out of N2O, I was thinking of getting an uprated coil but it seems too damn hard to fit one.

a16V doesnt use a traditional coil but you can get uprated versions for about 120 quid. I use NGK with my nitro as they can run hotter.

BMW 320d Sport

Yes but just using NGK doesnt necessarily mean the plugs have a colder heat range...if you want a colder range than the standard RC7BMC Chamipon plug then use C6YCC or for race use a C63YC will do the trick.

I think the NGK standard plug is a BKR6EK so a colder version is available I cant remember the code number off the top of my head

From the HighPower site:-

If you can get hold of NGK plugs 1 grade harder than standard with the last 3 letters ECS then youll have the BEST plugs for the job.
Regards

i just meant that what i get from halfords, the NGK plugs run better than the bosch and champion ones. I know you can order harder plugs specially for the job, but with a small shoot like mine, i dont really need it. I will though when i get the head done.