ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spark Plugs

Red197

What sort of miles do these need replaced at? I have a 172, what would be the best make. Was thinking of Bosch super 4s. I think the standard fitted plugs are NGK. :confused:

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

The standard ones from renault are Champion.

I think the 172 is the same as others and dotn need to be replaced till 36k or 72k says in the Handbook under Renewing.

would think it would be about 36-40k. dont gwet the super 4s, never heard a good word said about them from anyone other than bosch. Get NGKs, have used them in all the cars ive owned and never had a problem, and i drive my cars hard all the time.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 13 July 2005

get the standard renault ones, and they need changing every 72K on RS clios.
thaught so

If you look at the Dailogy, there are 2 kinds of sparkplug, one is Renault brand and one is NGK-R which I think both works fine, as long as the sparkplug gap are correct. I saw both from the dealer. I selected NGK-R and it seems they work fine.

I so not agree to change the plug every 72k. That is a lot. You should check your sparkplug every 9 months I guess, to make sure the plug are in good condition. Problem can tell from plug sometimes.

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

i replace mine every 10k - 15k probly dont need changing but id rather have good plugs

Ford Fiesta

thing is aint it v hard to check them on thr RS engines, removing top of engine to get to them?