ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spax rsx full coilovers

itb182, 621bhp scoob
well just thought id post up as it seems to be a big topic, well suspension anyhow. Had these on about a month now which i bought from ktec and would love to say what a brilliant service i got from sean and antony after a slight issue and they sorted it quickly with spax. Did a trackday at snetterton last week and very impressed how the handle with a bit of playing with damper rates and with running r888`s. Got another day booked again for snet next month so will have more of a play but compared to the plate of jelly handling from the cup suspension im very impressed so far.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Im also running these and took then around Snet the other month, had mine set to soft but will hopefully sort them out at the next day. Might cya there :) What was the issue you had with them if you dont mind me asking? I only ask as I had one with mine as well.

itb182, 621bhp scoob
I played with the settings quite alot and settled about 20 clicks from soft front and about 16 from soft back but gonna go abit harder at the back as i want more oversteer (my personal choice) the issue i had was the threads on the rear coil piston rods stripping, now i would blame myself for being heavy handed but as i set the torquewrench at 15Nm im guessing it may have been a harnening or material problem, sent back to spax and they rebuilt both rear shocks same day and sent them straight back, like i said ktec were brilliant with the whole thing and they even sent a courier to pick them up so thumbs up to them, i just wish some other companys would work to the same customer satisfaction. What was your issue? and yes may see you there as i hope to spend alot of time at snet next year as this year has been a get the car ready and test it lol

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
You racing your clio? Mines just a daily with the odd causal track day throw in :) My issue was that they put to much coating on one of the front struts and the hub wouldn't slide in, spent bloody ages sorting it out to get the hub in and its still very tight, not a great start to my first set of Spax coilovers!

itb182, 621bhp scoob
It has been my daily driver but now its time to take it off the road as its to uncomfortable with the mods etc and cant be doing with the lowering myself into the bucket seat everyday haha, I wouldnt mind getting to some sort of racing but for now trackdays are great lol i didnt have any issues with the coating i must admit, did you tell spax about it?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I've purposely kept mine usable on the road for that exact reason, well that and the misses will moan if I strip it as much as I did with my last one! :p Didnt speak to Spax about it no as I didn't fancy taking it off again as it had taken me a good hour to get the bloody thing on!

Will hopefully see you on track next year then, I just got some R1R's on my 15's to try on track, they seem awesome on the road but I havn't had any other 'track day' tyres to compare them with, would of loved R888's but the price of them makes me cry a little :)

itb182, 621bhp scoob
im running r-1r`s on my scooby and very impressed in the dry although i did nip up driving to brands hatch in a heavy downpour lol there wasnt alot in price between the 2 toyo`s but the r888`s are amazing in comparison.

Im running these too, and so far have been impressed.

Iv done, Snett, Brands, Cadwell, The Ring and Spa on them so far and must say am impressed. Suspension settings are 10 from hard all round, however for the ring I would prob put the rear 5 or 0 from hard.