ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spaxo . . Haters???

It looks a lot like my mates 1.4 Furio:

4402719550_93c18f7b64.png

Personally, i love them, despite their 'image'...

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i really dont understand bonnet lifetrs, kiddy at work has them, i actialy thought he had a prany.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
+1 on the saxo's ftw. Mate was depressed when his 172 was only a bit faster than my vtr.

Was your mate in the car at the time? Don't want to start abig debate about it, have had a 172 and a vtr with few mods ie exhaust, manifold,Decat and chip. No contest against a STD 172 in my experience buddy...

Saxo VTR
Was your mate in the car at the time? Don't want to start abig debate about it, have had a 172 and a vtr with few mods ie exhaust, manifold,Decat and chip. No contest against a STD 172 in my experience buddy...

Was on dual carrageway between roundabouts. Im not claiming the vtr was faster, just saying that the difference between the cars is no where as much as people expect. I was infront by maybe 20 metres going onto dual carriageway 1/2 a mile later he overtook me.
But group 6 insurance compared to group 14??

That blue one looks very similar, i think it had a more 'aggressive' bonnet tho - much more raised in the middle. I need to LOL, find it please :(

Listerine & Poledo
Saxo's I dont have time for
106's (GTi's or Rallye's) on the other hand, I like.
Which, considering they're pretty much the same, makes no sense at all.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I don't like your Saxo. Wheels are purple and look a bit silly as does the bonnet. At least that phase 1 brings up the tone a bit.

DCi 100
I love saxo's, as s**t and terrible they are. I still like them.

The one holding 'Y33 GAV' plate is possibly my favourite, been following that car for years, think it changed hands ownership wise though.

Only thing that holds me back from owning one is the sheer midget size of them, and the safety, or should I say no safety?

The black Saxo with Y33 GAV plate has indeed changed hands, although the person who bought if off Lewis who was building it originally is still continuing it to the same kind of standard. :)

I'd say the Sax in the OP needs normal coloured wheels (IMO, brightly coloured wheels are played out now), and to loose the bonnet raisers. Although I might be biased that it's not pikey with owning a 106. :p

Suzuki Ignis
Mate you wouldn't believe the amount of tools on sax-p. No joke some guy the other day was complaining because he put his £600 vtr through a farmers hedge and the farmer wanted £60 for the hedge, he couldnt afford to pay for it because he has no job and a baby on the way.

Aye saw this. Used to use saxp till it went a bit crap, full of tossers now. CS is much better, although still full of tossers ;).

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Has it been in a front ender?

I jest, looks fine mate, don't listen to the haters.

You're more than welcome on here.

You can make up the 65% that don't own clios anymore. :eek:

320d
Truth be told, I'd rather have a clean VTS than a 106 GTi.

Standard though. Or maybe just breathing mods and coilovers.

+1 Because a clean Saxo VTS is about £1500, sometimes even more, cheaper than a clean 106 GTI.

Saxo VTS with breathing mods, coilovers, 306 GTI6 brakes, lightweight alloys like prorace 1.2's = win.

Listerine & Poledo
+1 Because a clean Saxo VTS is about £1500, sometimes even more, cheaper than a clean 106 GTI.

you get what you pay for.

For instance the interior of the Saxo is pure shiitroen, built to be sold at a discount with 20 years of free everything, just to shift them.

Besides, the £1500 quid saved will only be poured into ropey "mods" that only make it cheaper

From what i've noticed:-

Saxos - Chavs / Fat birds
Pugs - Hot blondes

Although I'm sure there are exceptions :approve:

Ph1 172 + Combo van
The Clio in the picture is mine. When I bought it, 17s, crap tyres, cam timing was slightly off. So not exactly good performance wise.

Previously I had a vtr. Rated it really highly, they perform really well with breathing mods. Mine was rr'd at 110.9 with a supersprint exhaust, decat and a janspeed manifold along with light filter mods. Standard vts' that day were making 120ish and a few st fiestas were making below average power so I don't think mine was a freak reading.

Considering the weight of them they are not far off a standard 172 IMO. The weight of the 172 is over 1000kg and can't be more than 160 bhp probably around 155. Working out power to weight ratios would put it into perspective.

The Saxo is a cheap French hatch and has a crap interior like all over French hatches tbh.

Listerine & Poledo
Fifth gear did a back-2-back test of Saxo VTS vs. Ph.1 172 when it came out (no doubt it'll be on Dave sometime in the next week or so!)

iirc the Clio edged it

S23

The Cleee-O
I like it mate. And the wheels, but I do love coloured wheels quite a lot as my mates gone through a 2 sets of purple wheels. :D. But it looks good, keep us updated :)

330i. E30 Touring.
The exception.

Full build cost = less than a nice, standard 106 gti of the same age/miles.

DSC02588.jpg

I have a spec list longer than my arm, of pretty much all the best bits ... ;)

Just until I type up the invoice for labour..

Saxo VTR
Sir Dave's saxo is lush.
I dont know why everyone thinks everyone else should just do the same standard modifications. You can only spray wheels white/black or anthracite etc.

LOL that most people on here dont even have clios, yet hate cars because there not clios.

Megane RS250
Personally I don't see a problem with saxo's, as long as there done properly of course as there are some right shed's out there! But I suppose the same can be said for most cars.

I'm slightly biased though as I did own a VTS before my 182, here's how it looked at FCS 09:

SDC10919.jpg

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i dont mind saxo's

but as said million times, most have been ruined..

Its been said before on here, and it's fair to say, that Saxos are underrated massively on this forum :cool:

The pictures of the horribly molested ones (posted on this thread by Clio owners) above show that some owners have absolutely no taste whatsoever! They really look gash. But i'm sure I could find plenty of pictures of Clios with similar gash bodykits which have been molested in a similar way by 14 year olds with their future car parked in their drive.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Its been said before on here, and it's fair to say, that Saxos are underrated massively on this forum :cool:

The pictures of the horribly molested ones (posted on this thread by Clio owners) above show that some owners have absolutely no taste whatsoever! They really look gash. But i'm sure I could find plenty of pictures of Clios with similar gash bodykits which have been molested in a similar way by 14 year olds with their future car parked in their drive.

If you mean the ones with the kits, they were posted by the saxo owner...