ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speaker crackling at low volume

CS Dungeon
I have a set of these cheap and cheerful comp's in the work van running off of my Kenwood amp.

All is fine apart from one of the tweeters.

On low volume it crackles, sort of sounds like it is under water and sometimes completely cuts out until I turn the volume up, then it suddenly just cuts back in and works fine.
Only had them 6 months, so may just take them back to Halfrauds and throw them at the saturday girl.

Any ice experts got any ideas?

Ta

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I haven't a clue whats wrong, but in all fairness they were cheap & cheerful for a reason...

It might be a loose connection?. They might be knacked?. If I were you I would either should send them back or buy better ones...

CS Dungeon
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I dont want or need to buy better ones, its only for my van

Surely if the tweeter was knackered it would do it at all volume's and mainly while cranked up, not while on quiet.

Will check all connections again, but they were all fine last time I had a quick look.