ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speaker stops working intermittantly

C4 Grand Picasso

The speaker in the right door (52 plate) has been cutting off every now and again - I found that a quick angry punch gets it working again. I took out the speaker thinking it was a loose wire but everything seemed solid enough, has anyone any ideas what it could be?

Cheers,
Mike.

C4 Grand Picasso

Will have to check the connector again to make sure then, may just solder it on to make double-sure.

C4 Grand Picasso

Yes, it is a standard speaker and today was the first time Id touched it - I have some old crappy speakers in the shed, I will temporarily hook one of them up to see if that solves the problem.

Cheers guys,
Mike.

My moneys on shorting. I had this with phono cables from an amp that were being cut by the rear seat fixings in my old AX.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

It might be earthing, I had / have this problem with a set of after market speakers, cos they were installed by a muppet.

Some part of the speaker touches the metal and cuts out (from what i was told). When you hit it, which I used to do to, but mine was passeneger side, so got some people very worried on the motorway, it knocks it back in place.