ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*Speaker upgrade*

Audi S1
Hi all,

Im thinking of upgrading my speakers on my car at the weekend... in my old vtr i used to have pioneer ones which costed £65 which were pretty decent... Ive got about £200 to spend on it... im thinking front back and tweeters....

Can any one reccomend any ?:eek:

dCi 80 tractor
If you dont want to spend a huge amount on speakers upgrade your front ones to these, they are a custom fit for renaults. Personally i would just leave the rear standard and buy a decent amp and sub to go with it but you could replace the rear ones with some half decent co-axials, its up to you

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Rainbow/Infinity

I'll second this.

Don't bother getting a new set for the rear. If there are no speakers in the rear, just take the ones in the front and put them in, there's really no need to put anything more powerful in there.

For the front get a set of component/tweeters by either Rainbow or Infinity. If you can - go for components amp'd.

I can def vouch for Rainbow speakers and tweets in the front as I have a set, I can't for Infinity though, but I have heard nothing but raving reviews about them.

Clio MK 4
I had some infinity components when i had my corsa and were powered by a amp and have to say they were really good.

I'm going to be upgrading aswell but need to get new back ones as mine have blown and has that horrible blowing noise!

I'm thinking 130 quid fro comps and 60 for coaxials. i already have asub and amp

BMW E46 and E36
If you dont want to spend a huge amount on speakers upgrade your front ones to these, they are a custom fit for renaults. Personally i would just leave the rear standard and buy a decent amp and sub to go with it but you could replace the rear ones with some half decent co-axials, its up to you

Are these easy to fit yourself? Because i haven't fitted/replaced speakers before and am thinking of getting those. I heard you have to remove the dash to replace the tweeters (i have a 2001 clio 1.2 16v) is this easy?

Cheers,
Sam

Ph1 172 + Combo van
What do you mean by 'components'?

a coaxial speaker has the tweeter mounted on it and the woofer behind it. it is really easy to wire but will not sound very good.

product2-s.jpg

a component speaker has the tweeter sepearate from the woofer so you can mount it in a diferent position such as up on the dash so it will would be better and the sound stage will not be down at your feet.
bit harder to wire up. they usually come with a crossover which processes the signal and splits it to go to either the tweeter or woofer depending one whether its high or low. i think

Kit%20165%20A1_low%20res.JPG