ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speakers not working

My speakers are not working, but my subwoofer continues to play? What is this?
If it is all your speakers check the connections behind the headunit (and make sure you haven't turned them off in the settings), if its just one speaker check the connection behind the speaker. Both are easy to get to.

Listerine & Poledo
If it was 1 cone, you wouldn't lose all 4 in one go.
Sounds more like the connector in the back of the headunit.

Also, unless you're about to fit an amp too, those new speakers are going to do not better than stock (Unless tock units have blown, of course). BUT, it means you're all set to add more boomz later :)

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
All 4 were not working. Connectors in the headunit is fine, the new speakers are a lot better than stock ones! Massive improvement!

I think the stocks were blown to be honest mate. I have my music loud

Listerine & Poledo
crack on then fella.
But yeah, uprated speakers....means it time to wire in an AMP! :D

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
crack on then fella.
But yeah, uprated speakers....means it time to wire in an AMP! :smiley:

Yeah I understand all that, not bothering with an amp though. Was just focusing on getting the best out of the setup that's there already, which is what it's doing now I believe
Cheers

Listerine & Poledo
In fairness the stock speakers are generally good provided they dont get a hole in them. They certainly handle a 4x50w headunit without a problem, I found.

Use your high-pass filters though, regardless of speakers, cut off bass to the speakers as it's a waste of watts if you have a sub in place.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
In fairness the stock speakers are generally good provided they dont get a hole in them. They certainly handle a 4x50w headunit without a problem, I found.

Use your high-pass filters though, regardless of speakers, cut off bass to the speakers as it's a waste of watts if you have a sub in place.

Yeah they are okay, depends if you really can tell what 'good', wouldn't say that they are good, I'd say they do the Job!

Yeah done all that mate cheers