ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speakers recommendations.

yeah i was thining that, the dude at base also said to keep the existing rear speakers adn just gett em for the front, what u reakon?

if u can afford it change em all.
then amp em all.
sounds soo much better!!
everything in my car is amped and the sound is perfect quality all the way to full volume

Sorry, wrong person - I meant to ask Geoff! Its the speaker adapters for new Clios to use aftermarket ones in place of the standard Blaupunkt 5.25"s.

if u want base dont get 6x9s get those 30cm e-motion pioneers, they do kick ass!! but they def need amping!

30cm? So thats basically just a 12" free-air sub then??! How do you manage to fit em on the parcel shelf of a Clio?? I had enough difficulty accomodating my 7x10"s!

true but i need boot space dont want a box in boot all the time. i think i doublt be getting 6*9 then, hmmm, def going for infinity for the front but what speakers u reakon at the rear?

ive got infinity reference 6x9s on my shelf theyre bassy when i turn the bass on through em!!

yeah dunno if those 30cms will fit a clio, his are in a rover coupe. but theyre 3way speakes so kind of like free air subs with mid and tweeters aswell!!

Silver Fabia vRS

ICEman - The adapters are made by Pioneer and called, something like, AD-EU800S. They are in the latest Pioneer catalogue under Accessories but your local audio shop should be able to get hold of them,

Geoff

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Youll definately want to get the back speakers done as well. Otherwise you end up moving the balance further and further towards the front speakers until the back ones are not doing anything.
Amped 6x9s are definately the best bet for the back but obviously these are gonna be expensive, especially if you get an MDF shelf to mount them on.

Apart from that Ive got some infinitys in mine and they kick ass!

Rick

what infinitys u got? thinking of getting the 552i for the fron and back, not going to get 6x9 as its £££ and need a stealth shelf as well =£££,

552is.
They fitted straight into the standard holes left by the old speakers, although my car is a mark 1.

Rick

Thought about doing that to mine but I think theyd go walk about if they were on view.

Rick

Hi,

Fitted Infinity 552s all round yesterday...sounds a million times better, loads more bass and better definition. Only took about an hour, no hassle. I paid £59 a pair from Halfords this seemed quite comparable to on-line prices.

Morbius

No they are not amped...thats a project for another day, but its suprising how much difference just changing the speakers makes. The standard speakers dont look like much I would guess they are very cheap. I also used some spring washers when fitting the new speakers to make sure they were screwed in tight as my original rear speakers used to buzz like mad with lots of bass...no more buzzing now either :)

Well pleased

Morbius

Morbius - I take it the 172 Mk IIs are 5.25" all around then? Did you replace the dash tweeters as well?

Ben j - how did you get the 6x9" into your mk 1 without a shelf?

Yes they are 5.25 (13cm) all round...didnt do the tweeters as Im a bit concerned about taking the dash off and Im sure there was a post on here somewhere saying that they are not regular size so you need to do a bit of fiddling about to get new ones to fit..I might have a go one day when Im feeling brave. Im just waiting for the Sony adaptor to come out so that I can change my Head unit and possibly Amp it all up.

Morbius

PS: I just realised that I sound like a bit of a Bass head..not true, Im 31 but I like my music :)

what do u mean without a shelf?
without a stealth shelf?
just used the original shelf and cut the holes in. why?