ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speed camera detector

Maz

LY 200
IMO you pay for what you get and that is cheep mate :) my mum paid £500 for hers and it is quality.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
its literally a detector. Best system you could go for would be one that was based on GPS - as newer camera's are moving from radar to ground loops, and the detector wont pick them up, or specs, etc etc

Traffic lights use radar to sense cars - the radar will almost certainly interfere with that and set it off.

307 hdi (powered by derv)
i'm looking the snooper 3, 4 and 5 now as they have gps software? are these ok? I won't use it much.

I'm going to be driving to cornwall alot and i don't want to get caught out on the roads over bodmin.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Buy a HP IPAQ with Tom Tom and get CheckPOint software free. This has a list of speedcameras and using GPS will warn you of all upcoming speed camera's also you can use other overlay's such as Halfords, Subway, Hotels, Theme parks etc. All together cost me around £250. It is also a PDA, can play MP3's, view/send email, browse internet and I also have a SNES and Megadrive emulator. Its a bit of an all rounder and worth the money. Check Ebay for the Ipaq RZ1710 with Tom Tom

glyn1980 said:
Buy a HP IPAQ with Tom Tom and get CheckPOint software free. This has a list of speedcameras and using GPS will warn you of all upcoming speed camera's also you can use other overlay's such as Halfords, Subway, Hotels, Theme parks etc. All together cost me around £250. It is also a PDA, can play MP3's, view/send email, browse internet and I also have a SNES and Megadrive emulator. Its a bit of an all rounder and worth the money. Check Ebay for the Ipaq RZ1710 with Tom Tom

look to messy though, better with a road angel, the new compact road angel is only £200, my local seat dealer is doing them for £180

RB 182
What's the difference between the compact road angel and the normal one apart from size because it's cheaper? :S

BMW 320d SE
I think the compact Road Angel doesn't have laser capabilities, but the proper one does (someone please correct me if i'm wrong).

Ford Fiesta
thats correct. you have to buy the laser add on to get the same as road angel 2. Although the compact shows speed limt as you approach cameras. Talk from balckspot of a software upgrade to allow this to work on the road angel 2 too.
Ill email them now see if there is an update on this.

Last edited:
  Ford Fiesta
quick rpely from blackspot re the speed limit update:

"This is still a possibility and we are expecting the update to be
available in November, although there is no firm date set yet.

Claire Pirie

Blackspot Interactive
5 New Rookery Farm
Little London
Silverstone
Northants
NN12 8UP

106 GTi
Cheers for the update Liam, can you post on here if It does happen because I will forget otherwise all about it knowing me!

Cheers

Rich