ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speed Camera Detectors

1.6 16v
Now in derby we have two unmarked vans and a gxr1000 and plan to camflarge the speed cameras as well as other unmarked cars and standing police with guns, i would definatly like to know lol.

Steve

RB 182
What are you wanting it to do? Work off a database of locations?

I've got a Road Angel Professional Connected that sends updates to the device on the move as it has a SIM card in it, a good device. Also with the one I have if someone sees an active van they tell the device it uploads to all other devices so you know it's a live mobile speed camera.

RB 182
Use the Pocket GPS World database on a sat nav then is a decent enough solution and that database is always very good and updated quite often (every month).

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
I got myself a Talex Lite for about 55 quid from aldi a few years back. It's not a bad bit of kit for the money and has saved me a few times. Does get annoying when it keeps telling you every time you approach a mobile camera zone. Has never let me down or given a false alert since I've had it which is more than I can say for the TomTom!

Considering upgrading to the road angel connected because of the updates like fidodido says and also because you can connect your phone to it so that it displays txts. Doesn't come with laser alert though IIRC, which is something I'd want.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I got myself a Talex Lite for about 55 quid from aldi a few years back. It's not a bad bit of kit for the money and has saved me a few times. Does get annoying when it keeps telling you every time you approach a mobile camera zone. Has never let me down or given a false alert since I've had it which is more than I can say for the TomTom!

Considering upgrading to the road angel connected because of the updates like fidodido says and also because you can connect your phone to it so that it displays txts. Doesn't come with laser alert though IIRC, which is something I'd want.

How much is the subscription fee on the Talex Lite?

RB 182
Rich, the text messages don't work like your describing. You get told the phone number for the SIM in your Road Angel and then people text that instead.

If you want to receive text messages in the way your saying then the TomTom *20/*30 series do that nice my reading the message out to you.

An optional extra is the laser detection most say that's a waste of money as they will have already have caught you by then anyway.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive

i have the Talex lite too!, never let me down, i get my updates from www.Novus-Gps.co.uk as its free for life, its called the novus delta in their range http://www.novus-gps.co.uk/Novus_delta.php We bought our Talex lite for 49 Quid in the tesco sale 2 years ago, :approve:

320d
I'd have one of these if my car could actually exceed a national speed limit. I will have one in my next car though, definately if its a 1*2

Clio 197 F1 & 911 C2S
The Road Angel Professional Connected is, without a doubt the best unit on the market right now. I reviewed it a few months back and scored it 10/10, despite it being pretty expensive.

It's just sooooo good knowing that you don't have to remember to update the thing - you're just always running the latest database because it updates every two minutes.

There's a link to the full review below for anyone who wants all the details on the device...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobile-devices/review/2008/04/25/Road-Angel-Professional-Connected/p1

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
The Road Angel Professional Connected is, without a doubt the best unit on the market right now. I reviewed it a few months back and scored it 10/10, despite it being pretty expensive.

It's just sooooo good knowing that you don't have to remember to update the thing - you're just always running the latest database because it updates every two minutes.

There's a link to the full review below for anyone who wants all the details on the device...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobile-devices/review/2008/04/25/Road-Angel-Professional-Connected/p1

It can stay on the shelf at £300, way OTT

1.6 16v
so what would peoplesay is worth spending on 1?

100 - 150
150 - 200
200 - 250
250+

Cheers for the comments, Keep them coming!

Steve

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

i have the Talex lite too!, never let me down, i get my updates from www.Novus-Gps.co.uk as its free for life, its called the novus delta in their range http://www.novus-gps.co.uk/Novus_delta.php We bought our Talex lite for 49 Quid in the tesco sale 2 years ago, :approve:

Nice one :cheers: . I have a Talex lite , had it probably about 2 years . I need to update as my subscription ran out a couple of months ago , so i'll check that site out :)

http://www.novus-gps.co.uk/

Citroen DS3 DSport
I would upgrade to something new but my Talex Lite has never let me down and is the cheapest detector I ever bought.

PH2 172
my mate got a snooper cant remember what model but thats really good he had a road angle before and sais this is better