ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speeding Ticket

Hello all I need some help

Right just got this letter from the police for the company van said I was speeding on the M6. Said I was doing 50mph and was court on a manned camera. How can this be its a motorway so 70mph is the speed limit.

How can I get out of this, I have heard that if you fill in the paper work and send it back unsigned they cant do anything. Is THIS TRUE? Or if anyone has any other ways of getting out of this please let me know.

Problem Report

The system detected an Unresolved Host Name while attempting to retrieve the URL: http://www.peripoo.com/.

Message ID

UNRESOLVED_HOSTNAME

Problem Description

DNS resolution failure encountered for the host www.peripoo.com.

Possible Problem Cause

The host entered has a mistake, or the requested Web site is temporarily unavailable in DNS.

Possible Solution

Examine or correct any mistakes, or try again at a later time.

Remember on the M6 there is road works and it is 50 limit & have cameras round there! Almost got caught last night!

Maybe best taking it down the old bill station m8, see if they can work out whats going on. Sure they didnt mean you was going over 50MPH over the speed limit? 120mph in a van sounds a bit OTT - even for you Gary ;)

There is a web site here somewhere that tells you where you stand etc - someone will post it in a sec im sure, i think you will be ok m8.

if its a company Van m8 - can they really prove it was you? Does any 1 else drive it? you could try and blag it saying you want the photo so you can work out who was drving it at the time.

If they cant produce any evidence, then you dont have to sign anything.

I have asked for the photo to be sent to me. I know that you want be able to prove it was I from the photo but want to see it anyway.

But when we get this van it has to be signed out the driver and that was I, so that’s where my name comes in. If I send the form back filled in but not sign what will happen.

Oic what u mean - looks like you may get f**ked over then. Do you have any points at the moment? 3 points is nothing these days, wont effect your insurance until about 6 or something. Not sure what the fine is tho..

Not sure what will happen if you dont sign it - not sure anyone here has tried it.

If its a company van, its the company as the keepers of the vehicle who are responsible for signing and sending the form back. Their responsibility to know who is driving at any time, if they do not declare who the driver is they get fined, so looks like you may have a tough job getting out of this one. Fixed pen of 3 pts and £60 fine, but like earlier poster said, if you dont already have pts, should not effect insurance.

Gaz, something tells me that you cant get points for exceeding a temp speed limit - only a fine. I will look into it further and post back.

Mac

I think its fair to say that unless the offence is serious enough to warrent a court appearence (i.e. limit plus 10% plus a few MPH), you will get a fixed pen of 3 pts and £60 regardless of the limit, temp or not. Best invest in a good radar detector then.

The only reason that I found this site myself was that I was facing court for 96mph on the A9. Ended up with 5pts and £200. Plead guilty by letter.