ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedline 2118 OR Team Dynamics Pro 1.2

Clio Sport 182
Hello all
Before I continue any further I would like to share my thinking behind the idea.
I'm planning to change my tyres as they are getting low around 3.5mm. The tyres that I’m thinking to buy are the Michelin PS3’s because according with your reviews are really good, ticking the box for everyday use and occasionally track day use (2-3 every year).
The price for a set of four will be around £480 (205/45/16). The price for the same tyres for a 15” wheel will be around £220.
Now the idea is to go for the 15'' and with the price difference to fund the wheel purchase that required. Also I fancy a change for my car.
Is it a good idea?
I am between Speedlines 2118 and the Team Dynamics pro 1.2 in anthracite. Logic and maths/physics saying to go with the TD’s as they are cheaper by £100 and most importantly lighter by 3 kilos. Less Weight to rotate and less unsprung weight for the suspension.
What is your opinion on this? Witch you will go with if it was for your car? Any other comments?
What ET i should go with? 35, 38 or 40

At the moment my car looks like the picture bellow.

Regards
Paris

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    374.8 KB · Views: 181
Just to throw a spanner into the works, you can pick 4x PS3's up hell of a lot cheaper than £480

Camskill are selling them at £85 each, so that's £340 for a set - should be able to get them all fitted and balanced for about £10 a wheel

Other option is to look at 195's which are £70 each, so that's £280 for a set...

There could even be cheaper out there than Camskill (worth looking at Oponeo, TyreLeader, etc), but just to give you s rough idea

Track 172 Cup
Think I paid about £45 a tyre for PS3 in 195/50/15 from My Tyres or Tyreleader last year though. Currently on my 2118's and have done a few track days on them. I'm currently debating on some more track wheels. Either another set of 2118 because they are strong (even if they are a little heavy but i'm not a race drive so probably wouldnt notice much difference) OR Sell my 2118's and buy 2 sets of Pro Race 1.2 or 3's in 15" (they were I think £391 a set in Gloss black or Satin/Matt other colours were more expensive) Picture was just for refrence I think I looked at a few places.... I was swayed towards the chunky 5 spoke for ease of cleaning, ventilation (which is probable negligable) and clearance if I want to run bigger calipers in future.

pro race 1.2.jpg
pro race 3.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 182
I have a set of both pro race and 2118....the 2118's with road tyres (ps3's) and the pro race with track tyres (r888r's). Surprised how much heavier the 2118's are, I'd be inclined to go for another set of pro race just because of the price difference but I liked both wheels haha!
2118's are in et43, pro race in et35.