ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speedo electrical fault?

172 phase 1
hi my 172 ph1's speedo sometimes just completley goes to 0 as im driving and when I put the left indicator on or brake, the light on the dash for the fog light comes on! a mate said it might be the earth? any ideas? thanks

astra gsi/cliosport 172
i had this problem with the inicator and the fog light thing mate i thot it was the earth but it was the conection to the rear lights if u take off the rear (mines was the drivers side) cluster and then disconect it for the main power feed and clean up the conectors this should sort it out

Megane dci 130
Sounds like you have two faults, poor connection on the rear light clusters and a faulty speedo transducer.

172 phase 1
hi chris, I had the rear lights off and the connections looked perfect, but I cleaned them up anyway. doesnt seemed to have helped. it still goes off every now and then. the speedo seems to drop to 0 more often though when im driving quick and the revs are higher. any other ideas? oh i also cleaned both rear light earths and the earth from the battery.

Audi S1
Nice one Rob.

I need to sort this out on my shed aswell, its been happening for a while on mine. I just couldn't be fucked to sort it! lazyness FTL

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Only Renault sell it I found, was about £23 or something, it just sits ontop of the back of the gearbox, unplug the connector from the top, then it just twists a bit and pulls out.

ibiza cupra
Only Renault sell it I found, was about £23 or something, it just sits ontop of the back of the gearbox, unplug the connector from the top, then it just twists a bit and pulls out.
is your a cup as the speedo works through the abs on non cups. my speedo started dropping and not working, then it will spring back to life and then die again. cant really work out why its happening as it doesnt do it over bumps or anything. and sometimes when it is working, the needle will jump about 10 -15 mph before returning to where it should be :S.