ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo issue

Audi S1
Been happening a while but lately its been happening alot.

Was on the m20, National Speed Limit. And the Speedo seems to drop to 0mph... It sometimes comes back up to normal speed but its becoming abit of an issue now. Junction 1, so coming to the end of the motorway the speed limit goes down to 40mph where there are speed cameras, i had to remember the revs not to go above in 5th gear to make sure i didnt speed.

I pulled over onto the hard shoulder stopped for 2 mins, switched off the engine etc... still stuck. Its now working again but i dont want this to keep happening.

What cause this... how do i get it fixed? :mad:

2002 Clio Sport 172 ph2
i'm having the same problem, only now the speedo very rarely works. i have checked the speed sensor and had the system checked but it just says ok?
i am now thinking it may be a faulty instrument panel or perhaps faulty wiring behind the dash.
anyone else had this problem before and know how to fix???

search posts by edde on this subject
if youve changed your radio lately depending upon what brand it can cause issues

PH1 172
mk2 ph1 it will be caused by the sensor on the gearbox failing - replace it (happened to me)

mk2 ph2 it will be caused by a sensor failing on 1 of your wheels.

Audi S1
I need to get round to doing this! getting really bad and happens in the times I need it!

Driving pass speed cameras etc...

Also my on board Computer is messing about now, it froze on 20.8 miles the weekend, then my mpg dropped to 12mpg on the motorway??

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
The very odd time if i drive over a funny bump on the road my speedo drops to zero but it returns to normal again after i hit another bump :S its funny as it seems to happen on the same stretch of road with me on my way into town, but its never been a major problem as it does fix itself quickly