ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo needle keeps needing a rest............

Monaco Blue Clio 172
Im having a re occuring problem with my speedo, the needle will be working fine and then just driving down the road it will fall down to zero untill it decideds its had enough of a rest or I turn the igniton off then back on again. It happens more frequently when I drive the car hard.........Anyone else had a problem like this?? Where abouts is the speed sensor on the car as this seems like the logical place to start

ITB'd 172 POPTART
I have had this problem but with the rev counter. I was told that the TDC sensor being monitored by two ecu's (ITB setup and piggyback omex). So it gets mixed up.

However i also had the problem when the alternator botl snapped and caused it to come forward and not noticed it thus it pulled the connection off.

This was all happening on revving hard about 5k to 6k

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
happened to me on a pug 306, while it was having it A/C refilled i asked they to check it, but they found nothing wrong but just checked all connections and gave them a clean. It never failed again after that so i guess it was just a bad connection. i am not sure where it was tho cos it wasn't me that fixed it!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Leave it.

If the speedo don't work, nor will the trip computer! Low Mileage car FTW! :D

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
I've got the same problem on my Ph1, has anyone got a photo of sensor so I know what I'm replacing, Also exactly where it is would be good.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I thought the sensor wasn't on the gearbox on a 172? Don't ph2's get it from somewhere else?

Pug 205 gti
sensor
P1000141.jpg

an where its located, on the right next to the manifold
P1000142.jpg