ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo Sensor v. ABS

Matt205

ClioSport Club Member
Hi All,

Trying not to be a pest but I am struggling to find an "absolute" answer.

I'm in Australia, I have an 02 Ph2 Non-Cup (we never got the Cup here) with gearbox speed sensor. The car needs a new gearbox and we have sourced one from a later car WITHOUT gearbox sensor. Gearboxes are hard to find and very expensive here, breakers ask anywhere upto £1300 for 2nd hand box!

My question is how do you change the speedo config to read from the ABS? I have the clip software, I have re-programmed the UCH so the speedo should get it's info from the ABS. This does not work. I suspect that there might need to be a physical connection as well?

Please, please has anyone actually done this and made it work? I've read about 3000 posts that say "oh yeah, just re-program the UCH mate" but I actually need help from someone that has done this and made it work, not just a theory. Renault here tell me it's impossible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt205

ClioSport Club Member
The car I am repairing belongs to a friend, the gearbox ran out of oil and seized. I reprogrammed my car, which is the same model, confirmed in the clip that it has saved the option for "ABS" in the Instrument panel, disconnected my gearbox sensor, no speedo. In the Clip I can see individual wheel speed information in the ABS computer, so at least I know they work and do have the ability to measure speed.

Golf GTD Mk7
As far as I know, if you adjust the speed reading from sensor to ABS within clip it should work. PM MicKPM, he lives on CLIP, so it might be something overlooked.