ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speedo stopped working

clio sport 1.4 mk2
The speedo on my 1.4 8V mk2 phase 1 clio stopped working at the weekend and then started working on its own again with out problems after dancining around for a while first. Then today after it worked all day yesterday it stopped again but kicked in again a couple of times.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

the garage that serviced my car at the weekend spoke to renault about it and they said that there is an earthing fault with the clio speedos and it is very common for them to stop working all on their own.

172 MKII FF
The speedo on my 1.4 8V mk2 phase 1 clio stopped working at the weekend and then started working on its own again with out problems after dancining around for a while first. Then today after it worked all day yesterday it stopped again but kicked in again a couple of times.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

the garage that serviced my car at the weekend spoke to renault about it and they said that there is an earthing fault with the clio speedos and it is very common for them to stop working all on their own.

Mine did exactly the same. I can't remember the part name but it clips onto the gearbox - something like speedo transducer. Mine started by dancing around on it's own, seemed to happen when I went over bumps. It would drop and rise about 15 minute later.

clio sport 1.4 mk2
do you have to change the plug on the wiring as well or just the sensor? anyone got a price for a new one?

do you have to change the plug on the wiring as well or just the sensor? anyone got a price for a new one?

There not much £25 I think Renault pice is or so.

Its a plug in and play sensor as such dead easy to do.