ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speedo vids

Dash said:
Looks great.

What are all the warning lights on your display?

Engine is being controlled by an OMEX ECU so standard ECU (which drives the dash) displays those errors SERV, ECU fault, emmissions. The ESP doesnt work anymore aswell.

Dash said:
Is the ESP not really needed?

Traction control and ESP are linked so both go.

There is no safety net without the ESP if you get it wrong which is nice to have on the road.

Not having it makes you think more when your driving it, no traction control in this weather can be interesting.

ITB'd GDI Original?
Car looks quick mate, good pull in 3rd from low down. Know where your coming from on the ESP :S :D

ITB'd GDI Original?
Very low 6's by the look of it, possibly high 5's if the start get's improved. Top quality.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 205
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1090
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 191.09
0 - 60 (Secs) : 5.89
0 - 100 (Secs) : 14.70
60 - 100 (Secs) : 8.81
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 14.28
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 98.57
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 14.08
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 100.33

Chris n nic said:
Here is mine off the other post

Chris

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111570&page=2

Striaght private road...mobile on the steering wheel..was surprised it came out as good as it did really.

Mine was a camera with a wide angle lense taped to the top of steering wheel.

Chris my 30-110 video included a change up to 4th at just over 90 and I only used just over 7000rpm, as far as I can see you were useing 8000rpm and didnt change to 4th and didnt make 100mph?

A better test of the engines flexibility is 30-90 in 3rd. This rules out revs (8000rpm will see your engine go bang eventually and I imagine you dont use it everyday) and any ability to get it off the line (which I dont have)

Not to get into to much of an argument but the simple laws of physics dictate, especially in the same cars, that a higher power to weight ratio will give higher accelleration. You guys claiming your slightly modded approx 180bhp cups are faster then my car which has very high torque figures, in the real world probably isnt the case.

I am sure this comment will enrage Neil;) but I have seen people say before on the forum that Neils car has some sort of mystical power to weight that belies its state of tune. I would prefer to use more of a scientific approach.

Fair play with the qtr times though but you would really need to run them consistently over the year at different strips.

I am just going to mentally prepare myself for the onslaught this will provoke!

Nippy white cup
MarkM said:
Mine was a camera with a wide angle lense taped to the top of steering wheel.

Chris my 30-110 video included a change up to 4th at just over 90 and I only used just over 7000rpm, as far as I can see you were useing 8000rpm and didnt change to 4th and didnt make 100mph?

Not sure what you`re getting at there m8? :S I wasn`t doing it as a comparison but just to see how it is running. It is defo not as quick as it used to be and obviously the temp gauge is having a funny do as well. I never said anything about 100mph...there was a bend coming up on the track and I thought better of banging round it with one hand.

A better test of the engines flexibility is 30-90 in 3rd. This rules out revs (8000rpm will see your engine go bang eventually and I imagine you dont use it everyday) and any ability to get it off the line (which I dont have)

TBH I`m not too bothered about flexibility...if I want to over take someone then I`ll change to the gear best suited...can`t overtake someone signaling that I`m not going as quick as poss but using my immense torque.

Not to get into to much of an argument but the simple laws of physics dictate, especially in the same cars, that a higher power to weight ratio will give higher acceleration. You guys claiming your slightly modded approx 180bhp cups are faster then my car which has very high torque figures, in the real world probably isnt the case.

Can`t remember saying that it is faster...in fact I know it isn`t...but when running right it won`t be a far off

I am sure this comment will enrage Neil;) but I have seen people say before on the forum that Neils car has some sort of mystical power to weight that belies its state of tune. I would prefer to use more of a scientific approach.

Fair play with the qtr times though but you would really need to run them consistently over the year at different strips.

How many different tracks would it take tho...Crail is allegedly "down hill"...York isn`t professional enough...the pod has varying levels of grip from one day to the next blah blah. It`s like me saying that your speedo vid is quick but unless you show us on different days on different roads in different conditions then it doesn`t count?!

I am just going to mentally prepare myself for the onslaught this will provoke!

And no I don`t think that Cups are the fastest things in the world but if you get a good one then they are quicker than their power would suggest

Chris

Last edited:
FlamingMonkey said:
hehe somebodys upset there car isn't as quick as it should be ;)
??
I am more then happy mate I think the speedo vids prove the car is as quick as it should be.

It was a bad example made by me on your car chris. Just wondered why you were posting up your speedo video in my thread? Apologies if I misread your intentions. The 3rd gear test is very valid we can all change down gear obviously but having good mid range and low down torque in day to day driving surely is not pointless?

Lets have a look at some of the Williams boys speedo vids then.:D.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
what do you want to see ?

ive got a 4th gear to limiter then into 5th in the media. But let me know and i'll get some done next weekend.

I've got a speedo vid at home, i'm running extra weight and a passenger, but i dont think you'll want to see a faster car on your thread will you? ;)

northy said:
what do you want to see ?

ive got a 4th gear to limiter then into 5th in the media. But let me know and i'll get some done next weekend.

Do the same as mine.

2500rpm-limiter in 3rd (not sure what mph this is on a williams)
30-110 through the gears
0-60

Would be interesting to compare.

What mods have you got on your car by the way?

TheJesus said:
I've got a speedo vid at home, i'm running extra weight and a passenger, but i dont think you'll want to see a faster car on your thread will you? ;)

C'mon post it up.

:clown::clown:I will take on anyone (clio) and WIN:clown::clown:

Polo GTi
Right here's my 30-100 vid

Before anyone starts....

1. The is a private road
2. My Williams is NOT standard
3. It does go round corners too
4. It is NOT stripped
5. I have full interior, spare, CD Changer, I'd had my dinner, but needed a sh*t
6. It is not downhill
7. I do have 1 dodgy arch that is starting to rust, this might make it quicker
8. I have no warranty
9. I've no idea on the NCAP rating
10. hmmmm

:clown:

Err thats it I think

http://www.coates.eclipse.co.uk/30-100.wmv

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
good effort rob.

I'll get one next saturday when i have someone to video me.

MarkM said:
C'mon post it up.

:clown::clown:I will take on anyone (clio) and WIN:clown::clown:

will post it up when I get home dude :D

you wont be happy though... i'm serious when I say it's faster, especially over 100...

:eek:

FlamingMonkey said:
Right here's my 30-100 vid

Before anyone starts....

1. The is a private road
2. My Williams is NOT standard
3. It does go round corners too
4. It is NOT stripped
5. I have full interior, spare, CD Changer, I'd had my dinner, but needed a sh*t
6. It is not downhill
7. I do have 1 dodgy arch that is starting to rust, this might make it quicker
8. I have no warranty
9. I've no idea on the NCAP rating
10. hmmmm

:clown:

Err thats it I think

http://www.coates.eclipse.co.uk/30-100.wmv

Not bad 60-100 in about 9secs I made mine just over 8;)

Who can tell by timing a speedo video. I think if you had a s**t first you would have been quicker.