ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedometer cutout??

2001 Clio 1.2
Right its only happened today for the first and second time, first time it cutout for a little while and the speedometer itself would not work what so ever and after a minute or two it kicked in again. Second time tonight on my way home the bugger cut out again and wouldnt kick back in til i turned the car off and back on again.:S

Any idea's anyone? I have no clue what may be causing this all the other dials work fine, maybe a loose wire or something i don't know?

2001 Clio 1.2
Sorry to double post, but there isn't a wire instead it's a sensor (which i now know :approve:) and people in the past have had the sensor die on them or be faulty or something, so if anyone knows where about I can find this sensor, I think its near the gearbox but not too sure? or just has any useful information general bout the sensor or dodgey speedometer, then it would help greatly. Thanks.

PH1 172
It's the speed sensor, which sits on top of the gearbox mate. I had the same problem a few years back.

2001 Clio 1.2
Will it need replacing or could it just be down to a loose connection or something? How much are they generally if it does need replacing?

PH1 172
Will it need replacing or could it just be down to a loose connection or something? How much are they generally if it does need replacing?

Can take it off and give it a clean and hope for the best but it will more than likely come back again. Not sure on the price sorry mate, I got mine sorted when I was getting other bits done at a garage.

2001 Clio 1.2
Right, will this fit my mk2 ph1 2001 clio with 1.2 16v engine?
Can anyone clarify just to be certain its the right one thanks?

2001 Clio 1.2
after a couple months postponing this to the point where my speedo would work for around 5 minutes before not working again, I got the effort and did it. Easy job too, just a pain in the arse trying to find the bugger at first and then sitting there for a good 5-10 minutes before it gave way. But all changed and working as normal...now for the next problem

Clio II 172
I have just bought a 2002 172 Clio II and i'm having the same problem.
Will my speed sensor be in the rear brake?