ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spider webs

Hi all, need advice here.. Purchaced my P.C some time ago but im still having problems with the "spider webs" on my black 182...

I find it nearly impossible to get these out, im sure im doing something really wrong!!!!

For instance they look like they are out using poorboys 2.5 followed by megs 80, then wolfgang sealent topped with p21s.

when i take the P21s off using a good quality microfibre you can guarrentee the sun will brake through the clouds shine its beams on the rear quarter light.

bingo there back..

I use a 4" cutting pad and do like most say bog the motor when trying to remove these...

I just may not be good at detailing :(

Try the following

Buy some Menzerna IP www.polishedbliss.co.uk

Spray pad with plenty of quick detail spray - a good 5 squirts! More than usual

Apply IP to 4 inch cutting pad

Use this with very light pressure at speed 3-4. It will take ages for polish to break down. However this will increase cut time and will serioulsy dent the swirls.

Its a tecnique we used on a deeply swirled lambo on the weekend and it worked a treat

106 GTi
Nice one, sounds a good tool to have.

In reply to the origional post make sure you are allowing the SSR 2.5 to break down properly, and maybe hold of the other steps until you have reviewed the polishing work in bright sunlight first.

Cheers lads,

When you say "properly brakedown" what do you actually mean?????????????????

does it mean: work it in till its goes a chalky residue

106 GTi
With SSR 2.5 if you get it to dust you have worked it long enough, so it cant be that.