ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If you had to have a basic kit, what would it consist of?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
As well know, detailing becomes a bit of an obsession. Buying products left right and centre, having many different products for the same job etc.

If you had to have a bare bones kit to do everything, what what it be?

Pre Wash:

Auto Finesse Citrus Power (probably the best wax safe pre cleanser even if it's a tad expensive)

Wash:
Obviously 2 buckets and grit guards (any really)
Pressure washer (Any really)
Valet Pro Ph Neutral does the job for me.
Car Pro Wool wash mitt (I bloody love this)
Hubikote Shampoo (Can't wait ti get my hands on more of this)
Auto finesse Imperial for the wheels
Snow foam lance

Decon:

Iron X, we all know it's the best.
Tar X, I really do prefer this to Tardis, bit easier to see when it's doing it's job too.
Bilthamber Clay, Cheap and easy to use. Can be used with just water but I always dilute some demon shine or QD.

Dry:

Uber yellow does the job for that if you don't use air.

Correction:

Full range of Menzerna coumpounds, I've used a hell of a lot of compounds now but these really do still stand out for me.
Full range of Hex logic pads, just started using these after coming from 3M, I will not be going back.
Carpro Eraser

Prep:

Auto Finesse Rejuvenate, great cleanser and awesome base for LSP
Prima Amigo Glaze, it's be this or poorboy's Black hole, I find both perform brilliantly via machine!

Finish:

Dodo Juice- Purple haze. My favourite all round wax, layered up it looks fantastic, durable enough for me and cheap.
Megs Endurance for Tyres, old now but still does a great job and smells bloody awesome!
Carpro Pearl for other plastics, bloody love this stuff. I use it on every detail now.
Auto Finesse Mercury, great metal polish that i've had some great results with.
Auto Finesse Crystal for Glass, pretty much anything will do for me tbh
AutoBrite Berry blast for my final wipe down, love the smell and the stuff seems to go a bloody long way.

Interior:

Gliptone leather cleaner, absolutely love this stuff, smells good too
Raceglaze Alcantara Cleaner, really impressed me with my alcantara that I thought was beyond help.
Meguiars Interior Detailer for the plastics, smells good, quick and easy to use and doesn't leave everything shiny and sticky!

I know there's a hell of a lot to add, brushes, microfibres, machines etc but I wanted to try and stick with products.

If all mine was stolen and I had to start again I think this would be the route I go.

Yours?

Ant.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
That to me isn't a basic kit Ant!

I'd be saying the following:
Spray down with hose
Two bucket method with AF Lather
Imperial wheel cleaner
ObliTARate
Iron X
Bilt chamber clay (weak lather mix as lube)
AF Triple (applied by hand)
Gtech C2v3
Megs endurance tyre shine
AF mercury metal polish
Autobrite crystal glass cleaner

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
To me that's as basic as I would be prepared to go lol. That does almost every job i'd need to do on a single day enhancement detail.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lols at basic kit!

LOL that is basic for a basic 'detail' though isn't it.

So you're looking for one, the only, best of the best, sir?

As you know I don't need any more for my collection, I was just thinking what would I go and get if I had to start fresh for a single dayer tomorrow.

No budget as such, simply what would YOU get if the above happened really. Anyone who mentions mitchel and king etc will be tortured lol

Pre Wash:

Auto Finesse Citrus Power (probably the best wax safe pre cleanser even if it's a tad expensive)

Wash:

Obviously 2 buckets and grit guards (any really)
Pressure washer (Any really)
Hyperwash does the job for me.
Car Pro Wool wash mitt (I bloody love this)
Hubikote Shampoo (Can't wait ti get my hands on more of this)
G101 for the wheels and tyres
Snow foam lance

Decon:

Tardis, we all know it's the best.
Bilthamber Clay, Cheap and easy to use. Can be used with just water but I always use some diluted Demon Shine.

Dry:

Uber yellow
Cheap pet dryer

Correction:

Full range of Menzerna coumpounds, I've used a hell of a lot of compounds now but these really do still stand out for me.
Full range of Hex logic pads for the DA
Full range of 3M for the Rotary
DAS-6 Pro
Festool rotary
Carpro Eraser

Prep:

Auto Finesse Tripple for anything other than nanosealants

Finish:

C2V3 for top ups
CarPro UK for nanosealant
Megs Endurance for Tyres, old now but still does a great job and smells bloody awesome!
C4 on plastics
AF Revive on rubbers
Auto Finesse Mercury, great metal polish that i've had some great results with.
3M foaming can for windows, followed by G5 for beading y0
Megs Last Touch No:16 for finishing touches (or diluted C2V3 for protection top ups)

Interior:

Gliptone leather cleaner, absolutely love this stuff, smells good too
Raceglaze Alcantara Cleaner, really impressed me with my alcantara that I thought was beyond help.
Meguiars Interior Detailer for the plastics, smells good, quick and easy to use and doesn't leave everything shiny and sticky!

I know there's a hell of a lot to add, brushes, microfibres, etc but I wanted to try and stick with products.

If all mine was stolen and I had to start again I think this would be the route I go.

Yours?

Jamie

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I couldn't not have a wax in my list either, waxing kind of completes it for me haha

Completely agree. But also disagree. I have no time, so my bare bones list has to take that into account.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I really liked that, I put it all over the wenches conservatory for our fireworks the other night.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I love it. What's not to like, I paid £25 for a 250ml pot two years ago. It smells nice, it's seriously easy to apply thinly and buff off. Even just one layer has decent durability and looks. If you have time to layer it up 3 times it looks seriously amazing. It also seems to go a bloody long way, I've still got 70% of it left!

what's your list, i'm intrigued lol

f**king smells.

You bunch of fairies.

^^this

Water
Some description of wash stuff
Dry

Job done ;-)

In all seriousness though I wouldn't have a clue where to start anymore. The last 'detailing' stuff I had got stolen about 4 or 5 years ago so haven't bothered since.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How do you end up in this section if you're not into detailing?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I love it. What's not to like, I paid £25 for a 250ml pot two years ago. It smells nice, it's seriously easy to apply thinly and buff off. Even just one layer has decent durability and looks. If you have time to layer it up 3 times it looks seriously amazing. It also seems to go a bloody long way, I've still got 70% of it left!

what's your list, i'm intrigued lol

Lols! Miss you're weird English face. I'll even look the laptop out and post something!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Wash:

Dodo Juice sponge, I still love it, otherwise Cquartz Mitt.

Shampoo i'm still yet to settle on a really good one. Lusso is so special but shout out to Born to Be Mild.

SnowFoam i've tried that many, still love Turtlewax Cherry (trade secret) :eek: Quite hard to get.

Decon:

Tardis, we all know it's the best.
Bilthamber Clay, Cheap and easy to use. Can be used with just water but I always use some diluted Demon Shine.

Oh hi @JD

Dry:

Uber yellow
Cheap pet dryer

Correction:

Full range of Menzerna coumpounds, for an all round range impossible to beat imo
Full range of Hex logic pads for the and rotary imo. I like 3M Blue and Yellow though

DAS-6 Pro
Millwaukee

Light Prep:Glaze:

Lime Prime. It just done so much for me. 3M Yellow and a rotary. I remember russ doing some epic stuff with it!

EZ Creme Glaze, on a perfect finish I think Amigo can add something, less than perfect EZ is superb via DA

Finish:

CarPro UK/Migliore Strata (impressed so far)/Old C1 I know it doesn't exist for nanosealant. I think Hydro2 can be considered a top up, so easy. C2V3 definitely.

Z2 as a base sealant

Wax.... Fpmsl! How am I supposed to pick! If I had my Frp or Frs Mk1, sorry.. i I had a performance Blue/Imperial Blue/Spirit Blue car... I'd say Purple Haze for my own.

Boutique.. Shield

Every other car? Hmmm AG HD or BH Finis Wax, properly indestuctible wax! Withstood Tardis at one point!

Megs Endurance for Tyres, old now but still does a great job and smells bloody awesome! Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

Dlux on plastics

Swisswax Seal Feed on rubbers

Metal polish, britemax twins for me. Stunning combo and the mini bottles were a great idea!

G1 on all gass, it just lasts so so long and I love it. Every car I own has it fitted. IPA for cleaning glass, no chance of smearing

Quick detailer.... my favourite subject with cleansers.

Z6/Z8.
Migliore Endurance is lovely at adding some bling
Victoria Detail underrated Carnauba style top up
Sonus Spritz, stunning finish on it's own, so slick!

Do I have to pick one? Z6, it covers every base. A lovely product that has stood the test of time like it's Brother and Sisters.

Yeah not exactly a basic list! GAF! I just like talking detaling products!

How do you end up in this section if you're not into detailing?

Because once the body work on the ph1 is up to a decent standard I'd like to get back into it ;)

Hence why I said I'd be keeping an eye on this thread, would be nice to see what others would buy as a basic kit. I will be in this boat very soon

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Nice list Gally!

Ive just spent the evening washing the car again. Mitchell and King shampoo smells f**king lovely but it appeared to strip my protection off ffs!!!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Is Purple Haze good then? Seen a pot for sale on here so tempted, Work well on a black car over C2v3??