ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Splashing water!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Had some time to kill last night so had ago at capturing some water splashes! (not to sure how to describe it) I am quite happy with the results considering this is the first time I have tried it. Hopefully going to have another ago at it tonight with some other objects.

c&c welcome

6213520875_4ee3dd9033_z.jpg

6214032896_b862977fc7_z.jpg

6214032598_53531a99dc_z.jpg

6214032400_3754339e72_z.jpg

"Navy" N17 TWO
Looks amazing, especially a first attempt so fair play :)

Always thought about about trying it too, taking a rough guess.....about f3.2 and a fast shutter?

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looks amazing, especially a first attempt so fair play :)

Always thought about about trying it too, taking a rough guess.....about f3.2 and a fast shutter?

If i remeber correctly I shot these at around f5.6/6 ish can't quite remember the shutter speed but it wasn't as fast as you would think.

+1 Nice pics how do you do it?

My methods involved a lighting stand, tripod, foodbag, cable tie, Wok etc..

This is a helpful guide!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwExpFDUC9Y

Sorry but going to have to go against the gain here, I see so many people trying to do these water shots and imo none come even remotely close to the 'original' that Harold Edgerton did in 1956. There's a raft of poor 'splash' shots about. It seems to be something that so many people wish to try but its a technical shot that hasn't really moved on in nearly 60 years.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I was born in 1983 so I missed that mate :( must look it up. I still like the OP's attempt

"Navy" N17 TWO
Seems I've a bit of reading up to do then lol but photoshop tips would best suit me at the moment :clown: