ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Split second

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
You kidding? That's going to be an absolute blast online.

Then again blur is Very good

1.8 Civic EX
you played it yet? it's like a kids version of blur, very basic, no skill required and looks a bit crap graphicly too.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Yeah played it, blur is hardly a simulation is it.

Split second is meant to be a fun game and that's exactly what it'll be I think.

I can see it being a blast online, probably more fun than burnout on the original xbox

1.8 Civic EX
Yeah played it, blur is hardly a simulation is it.

Split second is meant to be a fun game and that's exactly what it'll be I think.

I can see it being a blast online, probably more fun than burnout on the original xbox

who said it was?

imo it's quite simple, two games of the same type and it was going to be a toss up between them as to which one to get.

for me it's blur as it's simply a better game, it requires more skill rather than just holding the accelerator and pressing A every now and then, and it's a more exciting game too.

I like the concpet of Split/Second with the fact that it's the environment you trigger off as traps/shortcuts/alternate routes rather than actually firing weapons but for me it just hasn't pulled it off very well...

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Just came across to me that you were saying that blur requires more skill. I think they handle the same to be fair. For example on blur you can bash round a corner flat out and still be near on the same pace I you took it properly.

In a way split second physics remind me of ridge racer on PS1.

Both good games in my opinion. Think both will supply plenty of laughs online too. It'll be nice playing a game online without someone crying about crashing out tbh

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
got this last night on 360. Loved the demo! It looks great. As said its ganna be awseome online. Might even pre order it.

Blur demo is rubbish. Wipeout with real cars. No ta. Wtf is the power up thing all about?

Bought Split/Second last night, it's an absolute riot.

Not sure how long it's going to last but it's stunningly well balanced, this review sums it up for me, near perfect arcade-handling model with surprising depth to it. I completed Season One, the Elite Race should convert anyone who thought the demo was a bit easy/dull, it's incredibly frantic.

Will be firing up split screen tonight, should be fun.

Split second for me too, loving it. Some events are very hard. Havent even tried online yet but im sure its a blast. Graphics are amazing!

182FF with cup packs
seems i'm in the minority...oh well :(

I'm with you mate.

Played the beta of Blur, loved it, played the demo of Split Second, thought it was utter crap.

First go of the demo, came first, used one shortcut and one minor attack thingy.

Thought he handling was spongy and non responsive (especially compared to Blur).

Graphics are very pretty though, I'll give it that.

57 Clio Campus Sport
I decided to put Blur in first last night and it was pretty good, will be trying this today though, I did prefer the Blur demo but found it stressed me out a lot more than the Split Second one.