ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Splutter splutter nothing...

Clio 1.4 16v
A while ago we had something similar and it turned out to be 2 coil packs, so changed them and has been working fine since, well few days ago the engine managment light came on (say emissions light in manual). The wife ran it out of petrol 2 days ago (dont get me started on this!) but filled it up and it has been running ok. She said today the computer (mpg, distance to get petrol etc) wasnt showing any info and then started to splutter. So i just took it for a drive, splutter splutter everywhere just no power got almost home and it cut out and would not start. Now it will not start. Any ideas, cant be coil packs again surely? It turns over but wunna go. Its a 1.4 16v 2003 clio dynamique.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
check the wiring in the serial port to the ecu isn't breaking down. My car broke down a few weeks ago. Wouldnt start but engine turned over. got an auto electrician to check it out. He came and asked my local mechanic to get the ecu off so he could have a look at it. As he was removing the serial port connector he noticed green powder in the wiring. Turned out someone had made a small hole in the live wire with a probe from a volt meterlong before I had the car. Water got in and corroded the core of the wire. Ended up having a new piece of cable grafted into the loom and its fine now.