ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sport badges

Silver 172 PhII
Has anyone noticed how many people are putting the Renault Sport badges on other cars? (I'm talking about the badge that says 'Sport' below the Renault badge on the back rather than the actual Renault badge obviously!) There is a crappy blue polo that parks in my road every day (I only notice it as the guy has a mahoosive sound system in it that wakes us up most mornings) and I noticed today that he's stuck 2 Renault Sport badges on it. I've seen him eyeing up my 172 before so maybe he thinks if he sticks them on I might believe that his ageing 1.4 VW Polo is a Clio 172 and give him the respect he's due rather than think he's a bit of a chav?

I've also noticed them on a 206cc (which was so desperate to overtake me he almost had a head on with Zafira), another Polo and various other cars. I've even seen some on a 1.2 Clio!

I must have missed something here - does sticking a Renault Sport badge on a car give a few extra bhp? ;-)

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
lol hes just eyeing it up so he can stick it on his.

saw one on a jeep the other day ... and a micra (but it think that was a 'sport' lol as it had alloys ... still a 1.2 probs though)

MINI JCW
I went to halfords a few weeks ago to get one of thsoe tax disc holder kits and i noticed they were selling the sport badge, it officially wasnt an official renault part but it looked identical to it, same font and everything

LY V6 with Recaros
Yep i see that in Halfords too! I was behind a car a while back too with the sport badge on, which wasn't even a Renault

Citroen DS3 DSport
I had a look at a 206 gti last week but decided against it in favour of the 172. I thought it was a terrible looking car in comparisonto the clio.

NEED V6!
yeah i have seen it on many 1.2 clios

infatc i remember seeing it on a saxo but he looked embarrassed when i went past him

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
i saw a v6 badge on a bog standard white 1.4 or something in spain, along with chrome wiper spoilers, form your own conclusions.

cock mobile.
See it quite often, it's annoying but you'll always get people badging up cars with any make.

Not a Clio
I saw what I believe was a 1.4 mk1 with the sport badge on a while back in Shrewsbury. It wasn't even on straight!

cock mobile.
Subway said:
Who gives a sh*t lol?

The only reason it annoys me is that some t**t in a 1ltr Nova will be like them 172s are well slow, I wasted one the other day init, westcoast - etc :clown:

Engles Mummy
lol^

What are you a little eight year old girl? "Daddy! that girl said her barbie doll is better the mine, boo hoo"!

"Navy" N17 TWO
I've got Clio & Sport badges in my front grill - :eek: ashamed I am not :approve:

DSC00073.jpg

Not in anyway a "wannabe" - I love the looks and I see it as insignia for the site :)

172 cup TT
hehe looks nice mate.. but PLLZZZZZ dont take offense to this... i cringed when i saw the badges!!!.. not because its not "a sport" but they just dont look right there... maybe they would look ok'ish if much smaller... oh, and i have the same grille anyway :)

ooh actually.. how did you stick them on there??.. i tried sticking my small Cup badge to a top corner and was a right pain!! each individual letter...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Floodie said:
hehe looks nice mate.. but PLLZZZZZ dont take offense to this... i cringed when i saw the badges!!!.. not because its not "a sport" but they just dont look right there... maybe they would look ok'ish if much smaller... oh, and i have the same grille anyway :)

ooh actually.. how did you stick them on there??.. i tried sticking my small Cup badge to a top corner and was a right pain!! each individual letter...

pmsl! abuse his car, then ask for his advice............

"Navy" N17 TWO
^^ Indeed - how much have I laughed at that? :clown:

I can see this thread getting ugly but no panic Floodie - I haven't taken any offence ;) I'm happy with all sorts of comments
Fair enough people have their own opinion, as I've said already its intention is CS insignia (as I am a Rep) rather than a "wannabe add-on" :rolleyes:

ooh actually.. they were just bonded on the grill with some sort of bonding glue in the bodyshop when the bumper/grill was fitted

Golf GTD
I dont think they should be on anything other that sports tbh.

If and when I get a 182 i think ill want to badge it down :D